Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Masonic Carper

Fishins and socials

To all State Chairs,

One of the most important aspects of being a State chair is holding fish-ins and promoting carp angling. In an attempt to keep our members informed about upcoming events, I am asking for some information on your events (i.e. dates, times and where the event will be held). This information will be shared with our members and the BOD via a couple of routes. First these events should be posted on the CAG calendar, if you are unsure how to use the calendar then please send me the information and I will update as needed. Secondly; CAG is putting together a news letter that will be going to each member. In this letter will be a section about upcoming events which will be published in the news letter. I will need the event information in a timely manner so I can forward this on to be published and keep the BOD abreast of events. I would like to have information updated every three months (Jan, Feb, Mar and so on)  or if you know your yearly schedule then please send on the information to me (Masonic Carper). Thanks

Tony Stout

State Chair Director.   

Hi Tony

Have already listed the first one of MA Fish-In of 2016 on Calendar and opened thread in the New England section. Will update when additional events are scheduled.

Iain

As I'm the sole CAG representative up here in Carp Heaven, I've taken a more "individual/small group" collaborative & informal approach to getting Anglers better acquainted with Catch & Release Carp Fishing. While I run one Fish-In every year (I'm planning the 2016 for Aug 14), I also try to take interested individuals or small groups in free guided trips throughout the season. 

I use the larger WI Tournaments as a "Want to Learn About Carp Fishing?" informal invite to guided trips, generating interest using the Media (e.g TV, Radio, Magazines , etc.) in these events. 

Lee, same for me here in Colorado. I focus on many one-on-one free individual guided sessions with anglers throughout the year whom are interested in the sport. I also do a couple of parent/child sessions & TAKC. We did have a CAG "social" in 2016 for myself and the one other CAG member in the state. We do have a local outfitter that managed to obtain a permit last year for an official 2015 "carp tournament" here in Colorado, it had reasonable attendance. The same outfitter plans to host a couple more this year, if he can get the permits again. I did give away a membership to CAG for 2016, have yet to actually hear back from the individual to sort that out with him. 

I am very active on the local fishing forums and plan on hosting an informal fish-in in fall this year for local forum guys, that's IF I can obtain any required permits, book & pay for the pavilion facilities & permission from a particular local community park. I simply just don't have enough weeks in the year free to take everyone out 1-on-1 that asks to go with me and doing an en masse social is the best way to go.

I have the first MN fish in for 2016 on the calendar.  I will probably have 2-3 more fish ins this year and will update the calendar accordingly. Since it's still snowing here in crazy town MN,  I haven't really met too many new people on the bank yet. I am chatting with a few prospective CAG members and encouraging them to join us for a day fishing. If an non member catches the largest fish (or most interesting fish or something like that), I am okay with covering their membership for the first year.

I'm also getting a fair bit interest from bowfishermen asking about where were fish, so am not publishing the exact spots in other fishing forums for now.

Aniq

The NEYC is on May 7...on the calendar.  This is our spring fish-in for RI.