Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

KoCarp Morgan

Carping at Lake Winnipesaukee

Hey guys,

I'm here at my girlfriend's lake house for the weekend. Right on Winnipesaukee, in the Meredith bay area. We got here yesterday, and I threw some chum out off dock area in the back yard. I was wondering if anyone had any leads on the surrounding or where to target carp in Winnipesaukee. Any information on the area would be killer helpful! Thanks for reading

-Sam

I've heard there are some big grass carp in there, but there's almost no mention of the carp fishing anywhere. Ask a local bait shop maybe? 

I've seen mentions of sizable carp in Winnipesaukee, but no direct information. I was actually planning to give it a try one day or another... Please share with us your findings.

(and yes, Franky is right, the local bait shops are often a good source of information)

Baited up the spot, didn't really get a chance to carp fish it much more than a couple hours a night. Didn't see any action, but I'll be back up there the second week of May to ask around and see if I can get the scoop around the area.

Would love to here if you find anything, I fish there 15-20 times a year but always targeting trout, salmon, & bass in the summer then trout and cusk through the ice.  Would love to target some carp there.  Know a few small connected ponds that must have carp.