Carp Anglers Group Forums
Tderic88

New to the group

Hey everyone, I'm new to the group, but I love carp fishing. Looking to get into some fish this weekend, anyone having any luck anywhere? 

Hey we just had a MN fish-in a couple weeks ago west of the cities. I'm SE but I know a few other MN guys live by the cities and have good luck fishing coon rapids

Hey, is that Anthony? We have been chatting over email over the last few days. I think you mentioned that you stopped by coon rapids already.

So far, all the fish I've caught have been about an hour and half west of the cities. That being said, the mississippi should start heating up real soon. Just look up any boat ramp near brooklyn center/brooklyn park. They offer easy access and fish seem to congregate :-).

Let us know if you need any help navigating the forum. There is a TON of information available.

That's me, lol. Thanks, I'll have to try a couple other spots this week, see if I can find them. 

Good luck and keep me posted. I will start looking at new spots in a few weeks. Silver lake, Twin Lake, Crystal lake have all been commercially fished out last 2 years.

Yeah, my go to spot on  deer Lake in Buffalo has had that same issue. I need a new honey hole now lol 

We will have a fish in get together in summer so will keep you posted. 

I know where there are 3 lakes with big fish, PM me for details, not sure if the bowfishing A Holes are skulking in here.

CT, I see you have come across our newest MN guy :-). 

I am also new. A couple guys I met about a month and a half ago got me into carp. The one guy broke a nice rid on a smaller carp. I am hooked was out on Buffalo on the pier got 10 with one at 17lbs trying to find those two guys. If you know who you are, show yourself please and thanks

Hey man! Am glad you had fun that day. Yes, you did witness a fish break my rod tip :-). Have you been fishing much? I might be able to head up to that spot this weekend.

Fishing has been great as it's cooled of I have had some really good days(20fish) and some so so days. Got my pb a 33 pounder on Buffalo

Edited by Madmax37
Miss spell

I'm recovering from the flu, but will try to be there on Saturday about 9 am or so. Is the dock still there? 

It was yesterday. If not straight out to the right about 60-80yds. I can't make it Saturday I get to work. I was hoping for Sunday.

Right towards fountain? Were you using corn? I have 3 hrs free sat morning then booked all weeked.