Carp Anglers Group Forums
hammercarp

RBG at it again

The RBG ( Royal Britannical Gardens) here in Hamilton/Burlington have been caught on film killing carp. They have been warned about this in the past. Carp are protected by the same laws that protect all our fish. Please phone or email our Ministry of Natural Resources to report this violation of our fishing regulations.  https://www.ontario.ca/page/how-report-natural-resource-violation-tips-mnr . 

13235406_10154064472240631_3049954142582788823_o.jpg

13244224_10154064472795631_3218318349283155049_o.jpg

13244671_10154064473335631_7595639180866469172_n.jpg

13268336_10154064471935631_2329726114287279296_o.jpg

Ridiculous....

I called the police on three guys bowfishing for carp and stomping on them with a boot and throwing them back in the water still alive on the weekend. The cop called the Ministry Man...I hope he throws the book at them.

The RBG should face huge fines and perhaps a call to the Hamilton Spectator for a news article.

Animal cruelty?  That should be a charge that might stick.  Les, put the video on the web plus show it to the attorney that handles such cases for the local government.  Talk about sick people!  What if they did that to a dog or cat?

Not that I am against bow fishing. I am a bow hunter but shooting carp at the base of a dam after you climbed a fence marked no trespassing and no fishing I thought warranted the call to 911. They were all in cuffs the last I saw of them.

Unbelievable. I will definitely report my concerns to the Ministry( Thanks for the link Lorne ). 

Although the RBG's practices have been tolerated thus far, I believe people's attitudes are changing and this type of activity is going to be as disgusting to the majority of the population as it is to us carpers.  I'll bet it would especially disgust taxpayers to find out how much money they're giving to the RBG to do such things.  Cootes Paradise restoration has cost the taxpayers millions.  The carp barrier alone is a sham.  It's been in operation for how many years and Cootes is still a far cry from the diverse wetland that we were told it would become.  The eye-ball test tells me it's still a silt bottomed dessert of a place that can sustain little more than, ironically, carp! 

Far more work needs to be done there than just removing carp, but the will to make the necessary changes to help the Cootes habitat isn't there.  It's far easier for us to just blame the carp. 

People that kill things with no intention of using them for fuel, food, or shelter are just killing for the sake of killing.

It disgusts me.