Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

accordbw

Korda Krusha review and how to video out now!

Edited by accordbw

I mean unless Korda is a paying advertiser? Otherwise it seems like a conflict of interest for the CAG Director to post reviews of products from his sponsors.

This came up before when I was first becoming a director. I am sponsored by Korda. The thing that was brought up is the sponsors here sell Korda so did not feel it was an issue. I myself am non bias of others and their postings as well so it is not like I delete other sponsor ads or anything crazy like that. Also something to consider, Anytime someone posts up a recipe with say a brand of oats or grits should they not be a sponsor as well?  Guess it is hard to draw the line. I have always added my videos to the site well before I was sponsored going back 10 years ago since I have been a member that long. So same type of video but because I am sponsored it is not ok now?

Edited by accordbw

And just wanted to state what was brought up before. Just explaining myself and not being confrontational.

I understand. Difference between member and director I guess it seems to me. And since you are paid or get free gear from sponsors posting reviews of their gear seems ......... But if the majority of the membership has no problems with it than I don't either.

I respect everyones thoughts. In all seriousness even if a few have an issue with it I should consider stepping down if it could be a problem later on. You were not the first nor the last to bring it up. 

Given the over 250 videos Brian has produced and shared with the community, from rigs, to baits, to a wide variety of tackle, I believe CAG benefits greatly from his continued level of involvement, advocacy and promotion of the species. If there are a couple of videos that are overtly promoting products from his sponsors, is it really that much of an issue ? Across the spectrum of our paying vendor sponsors, I am pretty sure they sell just about every brand or product imported into the Americas for sale. I don't have an issue, heck, i'd actually go so far as to encourage more anglers to post content with reviews of products, member, director, guess or otherwise ! The more information we all receive, the better educated we are in any purchase decision making process. Individuals each can filter, take with a grain of salt, whatever bias they feel is being projected by the particular content producer. 

My 5 pennies worth,
John

Very well said Mr. Finney

Brian. I have cut my teeth on your videos over the years. They have been my go to when it comes to everything relating to catching carp. From how to tie a rig, to bait prep. I've spent hours watching and learning from you.

Thank you

21 hours ago, James David Reynolds said:

Brian. I have cut my teeth on your videos over the years. They have been my go to when it comes to everything relating to catching carp. From how to tie a rig, to bait prep. I've spent hours watching and learning from you.

Thank you

Glad you enjoy them! I have tried to offer carp fishing at all levels of experience and variety to the viewer. I never liked to say do this and that. I like to give a lot of variety so the angler could always choose how they wanted to fish. I just like to show the details to make it work better and of course explain it fully. Glad it has helped you out and lots more videos to come!