Carp Anglers Group Forums
Dave Ash

Discovery month Social

Good morning everyone,

I am sure by now the summer heat has everyone down in the dumps. I would encourage you to not loose hope hope however, as fall is not far away and then the dreaded winter. 

A few years ago Andy and I did a few hours on a HUGE gravel pit and managed a couple carp, but in all honesty we did not give it a proper go as we fished as close to the car as possible. (Andy is getting old) I am wondering if anyone is interested in doing one last social before the brutal Michigan winter hits. 

Here is a link in google maps to the location:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//43.022815,-86.0294659/@43.0124041,-86.0157821,4031m/data=!3m1!1e3

Riverside Park Trail, Grand Haven, MI 49417 

There are some nice pictures of the venue in google and google maps as well. 

The venue is just massive, and angers can spread out along the MILES of bank space. The venue is very rustic, and there are no gates so overnight fishing should not be an issue. (I would test this before hand.) 

I was thinking of doing a prize for biggest fish, but mostly this would be just one last time to get together before the end of the season. 

I would like this event to be open to ANYONE... far and wide. This includes  you Jerome!

Please provide me with feedback, If we can get enough interest I will start to put something together. 

On 7/20/2016 at 10:42 AM, Dave Ash said:

I would like this event to be open to ANYONE... far and wide. This includes  you Jerome!

A social discovery event... what a cool idea! I would love to participate, but due to a personal constraint, I can't travel much this fall. I wish you the best of luck, this is a really brilliant twist on the discovery event concept.

That looks an interesting spot and only 4 hours from my house. I would be interested in an overnighter or a Friday night-through-Sunday afernoon with a chance to explore new horizons and meet some MI carpers if the timing fits.

...W

Good morning everyone,

I am sure by now the summer heat has everyone down in the dumps. I would encourage you to not loose hope hope however, as fall is not far away and then the dreaded winter. 

A few years ago Andy and I did a few hours on a HUGE gravel pit and managed a couple carp, but in all honesty we did not give it a proper go as we fished as close to the car as possible. (Andy is getting old) I am wondering if anyone is interested in doing one last social before the brutal Michigan winter hits. 

Here is a link in google maps to the location:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//43.022815,-86.0294659/@43.0124041,-86.0157821,4031m/data=!3m1!1e3

Riverside Park Trail, Grand Haven, MI 49417 

There are some nice pictures of the venue in google and google maps as well. 

The venue is just massive, and angers can spread out along the MILES of bank space. The venue is very rustic, and there are no gates so overnight fishing should not be an issue. (I would test this before hand.) 

I was thinking of doing a prize for biggest fish, but mostly this would be just one last time to get together before the end of the season. 

Please provide me with feedback, If we can get enough interest I will start to put something together. 

I am looking at the weekend of the 8-15/ 8-16.

I plan on fishing these days no matter what, so as long as one other person says they will be there, so will I:)

Side note,

I plan on having a back up swim, in case this venue is not looking promising. The back up venue is going to be Mona Lake at Lake Harbor Park. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1695161,-86.2893449,434m/data=!3m1!1e3

Well that's unfortunate; 10/15-16 is not an option for me. Maybe next time.

...W

On 9/16/2016 at 8:23 PM, Dave Ash said:

Bush, You should come up in the spring...  You could FORCE me into taking a few days off to fish :)

I would do that. I would also consider coming yet this year.

...W

Guys even though we do not have 9 anglers, I plan on fishing these days and u I welcome everyone to
Attend. 

As of now, I plan on being at the gravel Pit.

I intend on arriving shortly before light and fishing until after lunch.

If fishing is slow on Saturday, we may migrate to another swim.

Hello All. 

My first attempt at carp fishing was a few days ago, ended up hooking one and while fighting it hooking another. Lost both:bonk:.

As a newcomer to the world of carp fishing, I'm hoping to attend the upcoming social and hopefully learn something from the wisdom of the pros here at CAG. 

Is there place for a carp rookie to attend the upcoming event(10/15-16) ? Or should I first gain some more experience?

Thanks!

Edited by FishinTheMitten

No experience needed fishingthemitten. Going to the social will help you learn in an easy, low key environment.

Fish, 

you are more than welcome to come, if you want to get ahold of me 616-218-5927 or on Facebook we can work out the particulars

As a side note to al who may attend... I have a bunch of work the next few days contact me directly with any questions.