Carp Anglers Group Forums

Hey everyone, please forgive me if this is in the wrong section, I'm new to CAG. I've been carp fishing for 5 years in the US but just recently began fishing euro style. I had an idea for a pack bait but I didn't know if the ingredients were safe for carp.. I was thinking about using vanilla ice cream, oats, and sweet corn, but I'm not sure if carp can eat eggs (an ingredient in the ice cream).. as an alternative, maybe I could use cream and vanilla extract instead? I would still add the oats and corn but I am unsure if ice cream is safe for fish.

Thanks for your time,

-Lizardman529

I don't think you'll cause any issues with the ice cream. Eggs have been used in carp baits for decades with no ill effects. It might be more cost effective to use the extracts.

With the temps in the 90's, this would be ice cream abuse! HAHA.

I have used ice cream and whey in a boilie mix before and it seems to work just fine. If you want the pulling power/clouding effect with a stronger binding power, go with condensed milk instead of ice cream. Your hands will be sticky in no time... but that's a personal problem :-)

Haha.  It's been known to haopen :)