Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Carver Hansen

Team USA sponsored fish

Hi Folks, 

I'm trying to help the Team USA 2016 Anglers and other Officials with their expenses to get to the World Carp Fishing Championships, In France in September. As you know, the WCFC is an Olympic-style event run by FIPSed (zero cash prizes, nationally selected teams by each country angling federation, tournament is fished for national pride and the right to run World Championships in the future), so every dollar raised by donations and sponsors is always gratefully received.

So, August is Team USA 2016 Carp Squad Sponsorship Month! I'm kicking off the Month by taking time on the 13th to try to catch a Carp of two, and I'm looking for people to pledge me:

1. A dollar (or any amount you wish) for every Carp I catch, or;

2. A dollar (or any amount you wish) for every Pound I weigh in, with;

3. A maximum pledge (what ever you decide ), just in case I actually manage to string a few bites together.

I'm organizing a few people to record/weigh my fish, 

Please contact me if you have any questions; (920)901-7204 or barrelracer255@yahoo.com.  Please reply here with pledges

Thanks so much, on behalf of the Anglers and Officials of Team USA 2016 Carp Squad.

We are headed to France for the World Carp Masters we won The Team USA qualifiers during the ATC. We have been trying to raise money for the last few months and have seen the difficulties in it The trip cost are well over 6xxx.xx!!!  Good luck to the people that are going can you post who they are?  Some of us are not on Facebook and other platforms it would be nice to see who they are.

if there was a way we can donate we would've, but we just have a big mountain to climb ourselves or we would be in.

same people as last year right? great anglers good luck :D

7 minutes ago, Carver Hansen said:

Almost. I had just made to team this year. Christian stout was vice captain if I'm no mistaken 

Cool congratulations i looked up the place where you guys will be fishing and its just south of where will be. Are you guys doing any pre fishing out there? What days are you guys headed out? 

Congratulations on making the team and best of luck to you guys.  

Are you part of k1? 

Thank you. We fly out the September 17th. Not sure about the per fishing and no I'm am not a part of k1. Thank u on behalf of the team.

We will be coming back home the18th. It'll be great for a team or teams from the USA to win a international carp tournament. I hope we all will get it done. 

Sorry Carver, FIPSed Rules prohibit our pre-fishing or practice on the venue, weeks before the start. As this is The World Carp Fishing Championship, an Olympic style event, each National Team has to follow a bunch more rules and regulations (than usual in cash prize tournaments not regulated by world governing agencies). 

For anyone interested in the Carp Fishing World Championship, here are links to the World Governing Agencies & Organizations:

FIPSed: http://www.fips-ed.com - World Governing Body for all Freshwater Fishing World Championships

CIPS: http://www.cips-fips.com - World Governing Confederation of all Fishing World Championship Events

World Anti-Doping Agency: https://www.wada-ama.org - Testing & Advisory Body for the International Olympic Committee & all accredited & sanctioned World Athletics Federations & Confederations (including CIPS & FIPSed)

USAC: https://usangling.com - the U.S. National Angling organization sanctioned by CIPS & FIPSed to create & control U.S. Fishing Teams at all World Fishing Championships

Team USA Carp Squad: https://www.facebook.com/TeamUSAcarpsquad/

World Carp Fishing Rules: http://www.fips-ed.com/fipsed/regolamenti2016/eng/Reg_FIPSed_Carpa_2016_EN.pdf

Carver and lee i didn't mean at the venue but in france period...... 

Every tournament I've ever read about doesn't allow pre fishing the venue before the event even the events here in the US. 

"(than usual in cash prize tournaments not regulated by world governing agencies)"

Another thing  i dont know what this has to do with anything lee young.  or is this just a cut and paste thing that keeps getting posted by people who bring this tournament up...

Carver, I will pledge $10 per fish. Just please try to catch no more than 50 Carp on Saturday? LOL

SoCalCarper (sorry, I don't know your name?), I was explaining to Carver why there appear to be a lot of rules surrounding the World Carp Fishing Championships. And, all World Fishing Championships, for that matter; CIPS and FIPSed take their events very seriously. Probably because they don't want to get into any issues with Nations about their Teams? Anyone who has been following the Russian Team "going or not going?" Rio Shenanigans (following the WADA revelations about the Russian "dope dodging" scandal), understands that banning or penalizing national teams at the Olympics and/or IOC-sanctioned events is a very big deal. 

I apologize if if I wrote anything that you found a concern with; that was not my intention. I was just trying to clarify for Carver (and any other interested parties) some of the differences between World Fishing Championships and all the other, "cash prize" events, whether in the U.S. like the WI CC & KICC that I help organize, or elsewhere in the World.

As an organizer of many cash prize/professional angler tournaments, an official for two FIPSed World Championships (2010 & 2013), and the USAC-selected Captain for 4 U.S. Fishing Teams (2011 Italy, 2014 Italy, 2015 Spain, & 2016 France), I'm a big fan of both models. I enjoy winning a big cash prize tournament as much as the next man (or, possibly more than most!), and I'm also happy to help the USAC, as the CIPS-accredited charitable organization, raise money to send our Fly, Ice, Match, Feeder, Bass, or Carp Anglers to fish against the Best in the World at the various World Fishing Championships.

There's plenty of room in the World for both types of tournament; best of luck in your event, and I hope you win a big prize to more than cover your competition expenses.

2 minutes ago, Lee Young said:

Carver, I will pledge $10 per fish. Just please try to catch no more than 50 Carp on Saturday? LOL

SoCalCarper (sorry, I don't know your name?), I was explaining to Carver why there appear to be a lot of rules surrounding the World Carp Fishing Championships. And, all World Fishing Championships, for that matter; CIPS and FIPSed take their events very seriously. Probably because they don't want to get into any issues with Nations about their Teams? Anyone who has been following the Russian Team "going or not going?" Rio Shenanigans (following the WADA revelations about the Russian "dope dodging" scandal), understands that banning or penalizing national teams at the Olympics and/or IOC-sanctioned events is a very big deal. 

I apologize if if I wrote anything that you found a concern with; that was not my intention. I was just trying to clarify for Carver (and any other interested parties) some of the differences between World Fishing Championships and all the other, "cash prize" events, whether in the U.S. like the WI CC & KICC that I help organize, or elsewhere in the World.

As an organizer of many cash prize/professional angler tournaments, an official for two FIPSed World Championships (2010 & 2013), and the USAC-selected Captain for 4 U.S. Fishing Teams (2011 Italy, 2014 Italy, 2015 Spain, & 2016 France), I'm a big fan of both models. I enjoy winning a big cash prize tournament as much as the next man (or, possibly more than most!), and I'm also happy to help the USAC, as the CIPS-accredited charitable organization, raise money to send our Fly, Ice, Match, Feeder, Bass, or Carp Anglers to fish against the Best in the World at the various World Fishing Championships.

There's plenty of room in the World for both types of tournament; best of luck in your event, and I hope you win a big prize to more than cover your competition expenses.

Wow that is a very serious matter i didn't know about the wada and stuff. Thank for all the info and thank you for the well wishes. 

Next year me and my brother will try to fish more tournaments around the US  very interested to compete around the nation money or no money i love carp fishing and meeting like minded anglers on the bank. 

@Carver Hansen i will pledge 2 dollars for every carp caught the 13th. I know it's not much but it's all i can and will donate. How do we go about paying it out when its all said and done. 

Thank you both for the pledges. Lee I will try not to lol. Socalcarper any little bit will help. Once it is said and done I will post final results and I'll will get ahold of u with the details on where to send it. Thank you both once again. Best wishes for you in your event as well.

I would like to thank everyone who pledged. I will contact you with in the next week.

Altough it started out hard I managed to land 21 fish with the biggest fish weighting 20.13 pounds with a total weight (if I added correctly) 213.3 pounds.