Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
(WI) Lee Young

WI CAG Fish-In: Two Rivers, Sunday August 28th

Hi Folks,

I had to change the date of our local Fish-In, as too many people were unable to make the 13th.

So, we will be meeting at 7:00am on Sunday the 28th of August, at the M&M Restaurant, Washington Street, Two Rivers. All WI CAG Members are welcome, and please feel free to bring interested friends along. There will be an informal Big 4 Carp tournament ($25 Entry Fee, 100% Payout) for those who want to add some competitive spice to their day; medals for top 3 places kindly donated by CAG. Tournament will run from 9:00am to 5:00pm. 

Anyone interested in trying Carp Fishing can stop by and fish with us throughout the day; we will leave some space beside each Tournament Angler and be available to chat and answer questions, demonstrate techniques, etc. 

Non-WI CAG Members are also welcome to attend; please let me know here. You will be eligible for the tournament cash prizes if you pay your $25 Entry Fee, but the WI CAG Medals are reserved for the top-placed WI Anglers, whether they are current members of CAG or not (after all, you have your own State Fish-Ins to win medals at!). 

Lastly, if you have any gently-used Carp Fishing items that you'd like to swap or sell to new Carpers, please let me know. If there's enough interest we will make some space available for "Sale or Swap" items, during the tournament. 

Currently signed up (8/8):

1. Adam Schumacher

2. Carver Hansen 

3. Lee Young

4. Dave Hubbard

Lee--Please add me to your list of August 28th participants.  As an Illinois CAG member, I acknowledge that I am not eligible for your Wisconsin CAG medals.  In addition, should you find your Wisconsin participant numbers exceeding venue maximums, let me know and I'll bow out.  Thanks for the opportunity.  It's always an enjoyable time fishing with you Badger State anglers in Two Rivers. --Frank Rink

venue_a.jpg
harbor_outlet.jpg

On August 8, 2016 at 9:54 PM, Lee Young said:

Hi Folks,

I had to change the date of our local Fish-In, as too many people were unable to make the 13th.

So, we will be meeting at 7:00am on Sunday the 28th of August, at the M&M Restaurant, Washington Street, Two Rivers. All WI CAG Members are welcome, and please feel free to bring interested friends along. There will be an informal Big 4 Carp tournament ($25 Entry Fee, 100% Payout) for those who want to add some competitive spice to their day; medals for top 3 places kindly donated by CAG. Tournament will run from 9:00am to 5:00pm. 

Anyone interested in trying Carp Fishing can stop by and fish with us throughout the day; we will leave some space beside each Tournament Angler and be available to chat and answer questions, demonstrate techniques, etc. 

Non-WI CAG Members are also welcome to attend; please let me know here. You will be eligible for the tournament cash prizes if you pay your $25 Entry Fee, but the WI CAG Medals are reserved for the top-placed WI Anglers, whether they are current members of CAG or not (after all, you have your own State Fish-Ins to win medals at!). 

Lastly, if you have any gently-used Carp Fishing items that you'd like to swap or sell to new Carpers, please let me know. If there's enough interest we will make some space available for "Sale or Swap" items, during the tournament. 

Currently signed up (8/8):

1. Adam Schumacher

2. Carver Hansen 

3. Lee Young

4. Dave Hubbard

5. Frank Rink - Out of State, so Frank is fishing for the cash prize, not the WI CAG Medals. 

6. Alex Mehn

Hi Lee. If possible I will fish too. My son wants to participate also. Let me know. Thank you. 

Hi Marcin, yes it's fine if the two of you want to fish; I assume you will share a peg? Same rules as with Frank; you are out of state so can't win the WI CAG Fish-In Medals, but you can win the cash if you want to go in the optional Friendly Big Four tournament. 

Current List:

1. Adam Schumacher 

2. Carver Hansen

3. Lee Young

4. Dave Hubbard

5. Frank Rink, IL

6. Alex Mehn

7. Marcin Szydlowski +1, IL

8. Kevin Ivio

8 hours ago, Lee Young said:

Hi Marcin, yes it's fine if the two of you want to fish; I assume you will share a peg? Same rules as with Frank; you are out of state so can't win the WI CAG Fish-In Medals, but you can win the cash if you want to go in the optional Friendly Big Four tournament. 

Current List:

1. Adam Schumacher 

2. Carver Hansen

3. Lee Young

4. Dave Hubbard

5. Frank Rink, IL

6. Alex Mehn

7. Marcin Szydlowski +1, IL

8. Kevin Ivio

thank you Lee. we will be there Sunday. see you soon.

Thanks to Wisconsin CAG Chair Lee Young for hosting one of his Wisconsin Fish-Ins at scenic Paddlers' Park in Two Rivers on Sunday, August 28, 2016.  As an Illinois angler, I appreciated the opportunity to participate.

It was not the typical Two Rivers day during which you throw in a line and catch a 20+ pound carp, but the weather cooperated and the turnout was decent.

Thanks to the following for participating in some capacity:

Adam Schumacher, Carver Hansen, Lee Young, Patty Young, Dave Hubbard with family and friends, Frank Rink, Alex Mehn, Marcin Szydlowski, Jakub Szydlowski, Matt Szydlowski, Kyle Koslowski with family and Nick Schauss.

A few photos follow. Unfortunately, I assumed several big fish would be caught throughout the day, so I didn’t get any pictures of the two 15+ pounders caught by Kyle Koslowski in the first hour of the event.  Those 15’s held up as the big catches of the day, and only sub-10’s followed. Despite its sterling reputation for big carp, even Two Rivers occasionally offers challenging days for anglers.  Kyle was up to the challenge.

Needless to say, Kyle Koslowski emerged as tournament champion in the Big 4 event with a 15+, a 15, and a 7+ for a total of 38+ pounds.  As a Wisconsin resident, Kyle also received the first place CAG (Carp Anglers Group) medal for his efforts.

Frank Rink caught the most fish at the event, but they were all "puppies" at 9-14, 4+, 5+, and 6+.  However, his total weight of 25-14 was good enough for the second place monetary prize.

Unfortunately, only those seven fish were captured at this particular event. Nevertheless, host Lee Young graciously awarded the remaining two CAG medals to junior participants Jakub and Matt Szydlowski for their persistence and skills.  Congratulations!

Thanks, again, to Lee and participants for holding/attending the event!  As an Illinois participant, I appreciated the opportunity to join a Wisconsin fish-in. —Frank Rink

river_paddlers_peg7_082816.jpg
kyle_nick_fish_on.jpg
kingfisher_082816.jpg
marcin_two_rivers_082816.jpg
vets_082816.jpg
lee_082816.jpg
alex_082816.jpg
sunrise_two_rivers_082816.jpg
river_paddlers_082816.jpg
matt_jakub_two_rivers_082816.jpg
boat_dog_082816.jpg
venue_paddlers_082816.jpg