Carp Anglers Group Forums

Carp Tourney in Rochester NY

henrybud

Hello everyone.  I'm new to this forum but I love carp fishing.  I live in West Irondequoit New York and fish the Genesee River, Irondequoit bay and the Erie Canal mostly.

The American Cancer Society is hosting a fishing tournament to raise money and I've made carp a priority in this event.  

Details:  $20 entry fee (see attachment)

When:  Saturday September 10th 2016

Where: Summerville Pier/O'laughlin's Irish Pub.  This located on the Genesee River and offers excellent carp fishing up and down the very long breakwall and includes an extremely long pier.  Only a few people actually work this swim and I have been chumming but not fishing it often.   You'll need a longer net for this area.

Time: 6 a.m. until 5 p.m.

Rules:  Basic- largest carp win prizes.  I'm not sure how the breakdown will be based on numbers.  I know it's last minute to this forum.  Sorry about that.

Because it's under the ACS umbrella we can also do cash on the side as long as an agreed upon percentage of the winnings goes to the charity.

KIDS!!!!!  Please bring families and enjoy this event.  There is excellent king salmon fishing right off this pier as well.  Catfish, sheephead, perch etc are there.

Truly,  Captain Larry Hammond  "Henrybud"     I seem to be having a tough time attaching the flier, so please email me or p.m. me for the flier and information.

I believe there's a facebook page for "Lure For A Cure" too.    larryjojo688@hotmail.com