Carp Anglers Group Forums
Critter

Beginning carp fisherman searching for someone to show me the basics

Hey been on YouTube to learn rigging without any success need some one to teach me I'm a shore fisherman mostly channel cats have a decent homey hole been there handful of times caught 15 pounder there but I want to learn carp probably a lot more finesse then used to fishing cats very curious about fishing for carp want to get rod and reel but can't becuse don't know how to rig be real thankful if someone take time to show me:bonk:

My first several caro were caught in a 10 foot King Kat rid from Cabelas. You probably already have what you need but might need to use it a little differently.

The rod and real you use doesn't really matter unless you plan on using heavy weights or casting a long ways. You can fish carp finesse style but it requires a lot more work and makes everything difficult trying to cast far enough with little or no weight on it then sitting there waiting to set the hook. It would be much easier to use a bolt rig (look it up).

On 10/24/2016 at 9:54 AM, Critter said:

Hey been on YouTube to learn rigging without any success need some one to teach me I'm a shore fisherman mostly channel cats have a decent homey hole been there handful of times caught 15 pounder there but I want to learn carp probably a lot more finesse then used to fishing cats very curious about fishing for carp want to get rod and reel but can't becuse don't know how to rig be real thankful if someone take time to show me:bonk:

Critter, welcome to the forum. Whereabouts in the cities do you live? I'm in the Brooklyn Park area. I can walk you through whatever you need. Send me a PM and we can figure out a time and place to fish . Plus I might have some stuff sitting around which I can give you.