Carp Anglers Group Forums

I got curious about the origin of the Mississippi River.  I clicked on a photo of the watershed and started through a slideshow of points along the river.  One photo was of a boat ramp on Lake Pepin, the widest part of the river.  On either side of the boat ramp, there seemed to be a gravel area that I thought would be great for carp fishing.

I've heard of decent carp being pulled from Pepin, but haven't ventured out there for fishing. Most of the fishing I do on the Mississippi is near river junctions or dams. Pepin has a lot of large musky and am sure carping could be fun there. The whole ban of chumming and 1 rod rule made it difficult to plan a productive session this year. Maybe sometime soon.

On 10/24/2016 at 0:51 PM, chayathecat said:

I've heard of decent carp being pulled from Pepin, but haven't ventured out there for fishing. Most of the fishing I do on the Mississippi is near river junctions or dams. Pepin has a lot of large musky and am sure carping could be fun there. The whole ban of chumming and 1 rod rule made it difficult to plan a productive session this year. Maybe sometime soon.

I guess Eric used to fish there ,,I believe he had many 20s from there .. was talking with him few years ago to fish it but it never materialized..