Carp Anglers Group Forums
(TN) Cannonball

Website that is informative

New carpers are always asking various questions about carp fishing.  Thought this might be helpful to all of us. 

I was messing around with my Android a couple of days ago.  A search found several things related to carp fishing.  This one seemed to catch my attention.  The fellow has been carp fishing for 15 years.  I know that we have members that have been carping for much longer than that but the different parts of the website proved to be something for thought and experimentation.

www.carp-fishing-tactics.com

This was done in the past. With the forum upgrade I believe they were moved and not as easy to find? I do a ton of how to videos and get a large audience of new anglers wanting to get into the sport on a regular basis. It would be a good idea to have a basics section here again but hard to say if it will happen.

Back to basics is always a good place to start.  Pro golfer Jack Nicklaus would always go back to his first instructor, Jack grout, for lessons.  His statement?  "Mr. Grout, I would like to learn how to play golf."  Must have worked.  I would like to see the Basic Section restored, if possible.  Or at least a link to the archives.  I have been carp fishing for three years but am still learning and coming up with all kinds of questions.

Great idea.

We sometimes forget that 'fishing simple" can be a lot of fun.

Not carp related, but I went out the other day with one ultralight rod and a tiny batch of lures and fished a small creek...caught a bunch or smallies and rock bass, a few crappie and sunfish/bluegill.  Pure fun and as simple as you can get.

I remember carping with one rod, a small hook and some split shot and a can of sweet corn....total fun.

Getting back to the simple things is great fun if not enlightening.

On 10/28/2016 at 0:40 PM, accordbw said:

This was done in the past. With the forum upgrade I believe they were moved and not as easy to find? I do a ton of how to videos and get a large audience of new anglers wanting to get into the sport on a regular basis. It would be a good idea to have a basics section here again but hard to say if it will happen.

Brian, That section is still there.

tut.PNG

Thanks Willem! I am so used to hitting unread content I did not see it. I will add some content to that again and clean it up some. I saw a i repeated a few videos. 

Willem (& Brian) --

As info...

I checked a couple of Brian's links, and they appear to be broken.  Might it be possible that they are still pointing to the OLD URLs (before the upgrade)?

Admittedly, I only looked at two of them (rice pack bait & blowback rig), but both links returned a "not found".   Maybe some of the others could be working (???).

17 hours ago, needmotime2fish said:

Willem (& Brian) --

As info...

I checked a couple of Brian's links, and they appear to be broken.  Might it be possible that they are still pointing to the OLD URLs (before the upgrade)?

Admittedly, I only looked at two of them (rice pack bait & blowback rig), but both links returned a "not found".   Maybe some of the others could be working (???).

Looks like you're correct

I'll take a look at it.

4 hours ago, Willem (JD) said:

Looks like you're correct

I'll take a look at it.

Willem. With so many not working. Is it possible that they all be deleted and I can start over? Instead of the format it was maybe it could be like a regular post where I add a title and embed the video within the post?