Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Chris Sherwood

Winter time carpin?

Just curious with my fall bite seeming to come to an end do you guys still have luck during the winter? I have really looked forward to the winterbite just curious about people's succes during the winter months?

Chris, Hey there my name is James Joyner, I'm a newbie to this with just under 3 months experience. I have been doing very well and I fish the bartow area and up towards carters lake and out to Rome areas. I've been looking for a buddy to fish with myself and share techniques. If you're in the area maybe we could get on a fishing trip one weekend.

Welcome!  I live in TN but there are a number of carp anglers in the Atlanta area plus some other places.  I'm sure they will reply to your thread.  I have fished Rome.  Also, Barry, aka needmotime2fish, is state chair and organizes fish-ins at Salacoa Creek State Park just east of Calhoun, GA.  He announces the events with plenty of time for a person to plan accordingly.  Hope to do some fishing next week so I can give a report on fishing up here.

1 hour ago, Cannonball said:

Welcome!  I live in TN but there are a number of carp anglers in the Atlanta area plus some other places.  I'm sure they will reply to your thread.  I have fished Rome.  Also, Barry, aka needmotime2fish, is state chair and organizes fish-ins at Salacoa Creek State Park just east of Calhoun, GA.  He announces the events with plenty of time for a person to plan accordingly.  Hope to do some fishing next week so I can give a report on fishing up here.

He and I have chatted a bit! He seems like a pretty stand up guy and I have rsvp'd too! I look forward to next spring to do so!