Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
(OH) Vinsanity

CAG Urbana, Ohio Fish-in

Back from a bitterly cold weekend in Urbana, Ohio. We had 7 anglers (Matthew S. Hollar, John Mayer, Christian Webber, Craig Welch, Timothy Miller, Scott Erlenwein and myself) show up for this event and Phil Davenport even swung by to check on the venue.

The fish had lockjaw most of the weekend which is quite a change from when Christian, John and Corey fished it in September. Most of my fish came at night which was very tough physically due to the mid 20 degree temperatures. My biggest fish of the weekend was 21lbs with a 15oz tumor on its face so we can call it 21lbs 15oz in total.

Saturday we had a nice chicken noodle soup lunch which kept everyone warm and then deer steaks for dinner. Not bad for some bank side cooking!

I am considering this venue in the summer next year since it is a deep pit. Water temperatures will still be cool and being spring fed helps as well. Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks to everyone who showed up! If there are new Carp anglers out there that haven't been to a fish-in before I highly suggest checking one out next year. We hold them all over Ohio so keep en eye out for next years schedule which will be posted after our Social gathering in February. A lot of knowledgeable, friendly people attend these events and are often gracious enough to give out end tackle (hooks, swivels, rigs, leads, or even bait) to get started.

Here are a few pictures to enjoy!

UkQkp8f.jpg

lYDdUB5.jpg

5zsjoD8.jpg

7Oq8LXk.jpg

B6JTQlh.jpg

6u0NwWf.jpg

MdXnpWw.jpg

D6vPcdp.jpg

FQTiJgB.jpg

XK9Zzyp.jpg

NJ2JswX.jpg