Carp Anglers Group Forums
Team Wild Water

How to Make Bread Pack Bait

Very interesting technique there.  I might have to try that.

I make my pack bait with bread as well, but a completely different way.  The local Kroger store sells loaves of Italian bread for a dollar.  We buy it all the time and lots of times, it start to go stale before we eat the whole loaf...so I chuck the remainder into the freezer.  After I get a nice stack of it, I thaw it out and slice it up.  Then I dip that very quickly into a bucket of water with anise extract added to it.  Give it a squeeze and drop it into a sealable container.  Then I add in raw bran from the feed store, corn (canned or prepped field corn), corn meal and sometimes a dash of milk.  I work and add the dry ingredients until its a thick and sticky goo and toss it back into the freezer till the night before I am heading out.

It works and it's made from 100% of crap I always have on hand.

Edited by Manosteel

As a side note ingredient...I have taken a bag of stale potato chips and smashed to a powder and added...it is like adding glue!  It def makes for a mixture that doesn't break down very quick so not recommended for winter...but sure works great in warm water!

I just finished making a new batch...literally...my fingers now smell like anise....

I included a new twist this time...(based on what was in the freezer")....a whole loaf of sliced pumpernickle that my wife had tucked into the bread drawer and forgot to mention for over a month....so I tossed it into the freezer too and today I made it all up.....we'll see how it goes!  It is all ripe with anise now but pumpernickle has a distinct smell.....I wonder if the carp will like it or not!

Edited by Manosteel

I put my usual in there....bran and corn meal and added in a few glugs of CC Moore feed stimulant....who knows...maybe I'll get a PB out of this crazy smelling mix!

On 12/5/2016 at 1:23 PM, Manosteel said:

I put my usual in there....bran and corn meal and added in a few glugs of CC Moore feed stimulant....who knows...maybe I'll get a PB out of this crazy smelling mix!

That's awesome! How did it work for you?