Carp Anglers Group Forums
(MO) MOCarper

You know you're addicted to carp fishing when......

You know you're addicted when;

A pile of maple leaves you're raking looks just like the panko/oat/strawberry jello pack bait you just made..:P

maple leaves.jpg

ha   You also know youre addicted when you put off raking your leaves until the second week in December because your out fishing instead....  ha   Been there.....

You know you're addicted when;

You're thinking these yellow skittles should be on a hair!:P

skittles.JPG

You know you are addicted when you walk past a mud puddle and look for cruising or splashing carp.

You know someone is really addicted when you look closely at the mud puddle and see cracked corn on the bottom.

I have been seriously carping for three years now.  There is no known cure!  Or SWMBO would have made me attend the meetings.

WHAT!- No vaccine?, no 50-step program?!!!...no patch you can wear?.........would driving 3 1/2 hours just to fish for 2 hours be considered addicted? then coming home and going carping again the next day?...................where's the help?....does CAG have programs to assist?......I'm afraid this is going to spread across the whole state of Missouri!!!

Carp_December_5_2016_close_up_pectoral_fin.jpg

.......when...........

you include canned sweet corn and a pop-up tent for all night carping on your christmas list!!!

You know you're addicted when in the off season you break out bottles of flavor & take a sniff. That's bad enough but when you imagine that smell in your packbait and you on the bank with it all over your hands and look at the calendar and wish it were spring. LOL

.......when the grocery store now becomes a big bait shop. you can always spot another carper when all they have is oats, grits, jellow, and corn in their cart....

A buddy and I were discussing this just the other day.  Neither of us can go into a grocery store without wondering "how can I use this for carp fishing?", or "I wonder if that would work in pack bait?".   You can't be a carp angler if you're not always looking for "a better way".

It may be a disease, but I hope there no cure discovered any time soon!   :P

Well.........at least other people in the grocers are not aware of the addiction.....we're basically simple, carp-catchin people that blend in with the general populace!!;), well ....sort of

IMG_4276.JPG

I don't know about that. I get some odd looks when I have a shopping cart full of quick oats and cream corn. I usually tell them that I am starting a new no bake cookie company that combines no bakes with vegetables. 

12 hours ago, StealthAngler said:

.......when the grocery store now becomes a big bait shop. you can always spot another carper when all they have is oats, grits, jellow, and corn in their cart....

Haha! I have received some funny looks going through grocery store checkouts the night before a fishing trip with packbait ingredients! I am sure they are thinking "what the heck is this guy cooking up?"!!

when.......

you buy a second crock-pot; not for cooking dinner, but for boiling corn!!.........

you can no longer take your staff to lunch cause the car smells like a blend of carp, pack bait and corn.......

you have a specifically labeled tackle box just for carp..........(in addition to one labeled, paddlefish, catfish, muskie/pike, flies, cranks, plastics, spoons, etc. etc. )....

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

When you always look at the grocery store flyers for your hottest pack or method items to go on sale so you can buy it in bulk. Happened to me the other day now i have about 120lb of bait in my living room because of no where to store it lol 

When your favorite can of sweet corn or cream style goes on sale from almost 90 cents to 50 cents and you start thinking about your bills and gas for the week and spending a 20 on just corn will be ok. 

When you Spend your breaks and lunches and just about every chance you get to look at maps just to find that one great lake or river that might be holding the holy grail of nice carp. 

When you're at work and thinking about the next flavor or flavors you want to try.

When you're constantly trying to crack the code of how to catch big carp. 

When your whole 2 car garage is full of carp gear there is no room for a car.

When your garage is so full you start using the coat closet and every closet possible to store your gear, bait or tackle.

When you're thinking about the FFF for next year and it's barely January 2nd. 

When everything you see as you walk down grocery Isles seems like it's the key ingredient that you been missing to cracking the mystery of all carp fishing. 

When you start looking in the back of products to see what's in the ingredients and how much sugar carbs and vitamins it's has.

When you constantly log on to CAG to see what's going on in the world.

When you start looking up how other countries fish for carp. 

When you Spend a lot of your time watching carp fishing videos on YouTube because you didn't make it out that day. 

When you just finished your session and already thinking about the next. 

When you're thinking of getting a fish tank and adding some carp to it just to see how they feed and maybe test some baits on them?

When the next property you buy needs a pond and  some carp in it.

When you walk down the bank with 50lb+ of gear when all you needed before was a pole, a can of corn a hook and a net. 

When you're wife tell you "you need to put a fridge to store your bait in the garage"

When you're garage looks like your house has a second kitchen from all the  blenders pots and small appliances you have in there because of the baits and experiments you make. 

When you vacuum your car and you find a small piece of bait from your last outing. 

When you start carrying a note book when you go fishing because your at a point where you're hundreds of fishing ideas in your head have clouded your mind and now  need to be on paper. 

OMG-You are addicted!!!!!!!... Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah- them's some good ones!!..... and you know you are addicted when;

You log every carp you catch on an excel worksheet ( which you don't know how to use) with weight, length, date, time, moon, wind, direction)-you don't show it to anyone, its just for you!

You paste your CAG Big Four pictures to your office door

You spend lunchtime making hair rigs

You think you see surfacing carp on google maps when you zoom in to potential ponds......

You start a thread titled "You know you're addicted to carp fishing when........"..:P

Keep-em coming!!!:unsure:

15 hours ago, MOCarper said:

OMG-You are addicted!!!!!!!... Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah- them's some good ones!!..... and you know you are addicted when;

You log every carp you catch on an excel worksheet ( which you don't know how to use) with weight, length, date, time, moon, wind, direction)-you don't show it to anyone, its just for you!

You paste your CAG Big Four pictures to your office door

You spend lunchtime making hair rigs

You think you see surfacing carp on google maps when you zoom in to potential ponds......

You start a thread titled "You know you're addicted to carp fishing when........"..:P

Keep-em coming!!!:unsure:

this one is the best i thought i seen this multiple times. 

your addicted when you go on google maps aerial view and looking at a lakes and rivers shallows to see if there are carp hanging around lol

your addicted when your co workers around you start talking to you about carp like they know what they are talking about after listening to you for so long when you know they've never spent a day fishing in there life.

You know you are addicted when:

1.  You put up pictures of carp instead of the grandkids.

2.  Your wife notices you are using carp flavor instead of aftershave.

3.  All the pictures in your wallet are of past fish-ins.

4.  You browse through your wife's cookbooks for packbait recipes and/or snacks for fish-ins.

when............

You find out magikarp is not a real strain of carp but a pokemon game character!!.....................and you still hope to catch one!!!!:rolleyes:....

13 hours ago, MOCarper said:

when............

You find out magikarp is not a real strain of carp but a pokemon game character!!.....................and you still hope to catch one!!!!:rolleyes:....

That's funny! My oldest son uses my phone to play Pokémon Go. When he said he caught a Magikarp I was like "what?!, Let me see!!" Haha!

Tip: he found it while we were fishing at Olathe Lake.

When you know the price of sweetcorn, oatmeal, and hemp, but not the price of milk.

Edited by dust