Carp Anglers Group Forums
Ray Nickel

Solid Budget Bite Alarm?

I have never owned any Beeper Alarms for my Carp fishing before, but am now looking for some now.

These will be my first ones, so I'm not looking to break the bank. 

What would be a great beginner bite alarm set I could by?

Thankyou,

Ray

I have a set of Fox Microns that are probably 15+ years old or older (???? I think) Think I paid @ 30 bucks each for them. They are the only alarms I have ever used/owned.

Real workhorses, not affected by torrential rain, etc.

The only maintenance I ever do = remove the batteries at the end of the season and replace with new ones the following year.

I also bought some hard plastic covers for them, for when they are not in use. These were inexpensive as well

Probably not the most sensitive alarms out there, but for the price - I don't think they can be beat.

Thankyou both very much for your help guys! I'm going to check both of these out! It's cool to hear that I don't need to spend a lot of money to fing some Solid quality units.

Ray

These are the ones I use.

http://www.bigcarptackle.com/bite-indication/bite-alarms/alarms/ngt-3pc-transmitter-wireless-alarm-set-black-7522

I like them...they seem to be plenty sensitive and I really like the integrated snag bars.

The only complaint I have is that you need to remove the batteries after each session or they will go dead in short order.

Not that big of a deal really.

For 100 bucks...you get 3 alarms, a remote and a case...perfect in my opinion.

Thankyou both very much for your help guys! I'm going to check both of these out! It's cool to hear that I don't need to spend a lot of money to fing some Solid quality units.

Ray

Dang Joe! 

Thank you, it looks like I can't go wrong with this set and the reviews that back it.

That price is Awesome for everything you get!

I know this will not be a popular answer but I am still on my first ever set of alarms from eBay. I paid around ~$40 for four alarms and they are still beeping 3 years later. Been through torrential rain and general rough handling. Sure, they aren't fancy looking or have the most pleasing alarm, but they make noise when the line moves. I actually ordered 2 more alarms(less than $15)off eBay a couple months ago just for the color of the LEDs, set them up and pulled some line back and forth through them and guess what, they beeped! If you are just looking for something to make noise when you get a bite, it's not a big gamble to try some cheapies out. Save your money for the things that count, line, end tackle, fish care, etc.

Thanku for posting this Spicy. They seem to have A lot of features for that price!

https://www.bigcarptackle.com/bite-indication/bite-alarms/ngt-vx1-bite-alarm-w-volume-control

these seem to be a good entry level bite alarm it has nice reviews ive never owned any bite alarms but im thinking about getting some of these you will still have to get a bank stick or something for it

In my experience the regular NGTS work well for the price, I've had experience with tons of them. The wireless ones seem to have a lot of quality issues. In my family we have 3 sets, all have issues with batteries needing to be replaced 2 x a session, alarm LED lights changing colors and going out, receiver randomly turning off etc etc etc. All this with just a few weeks casual use and they were babied. Never wet, always in a case etc.

Also note if there is a issue and you are in the US in order to return them to NGT Fedex/UPS wants $140 or more for shipping.

Hope this helps

On 1/18/2017 at 9:42 AM, Manosteel said:

These are the ones I use.

http://www.bigcarptackle.com/bite-indication/bite-alarms/alarms/ngt-3pc-transmitter-wireless-alarm-set-black-7522

I like them...they seem to be plenty sensitive and I really like the integrated snag bars.

The only complaint I have is that you need to remove the batteries after each session or they will go dead in short order.

Not that big of a deal really.

For 100 bucks...you get 3 alarms, a remote and a case...perfect in my opinion.

$62 on eBay 

I have chub t3 bite alarms and love them. Double LEDs variable tone and nice and loud and plenty sensitive enough had then out in heavy rains last season.Got three of them on eBay for $60.00 with shipping included..

I also have a Leeds rouge 3 in one rod pod nice and sturdy.This is a great starter pod..You can pick one up for around $60.00

12 hours ago, Carper155 said:

I also have a Leeda rouge 3 in one rod pod nice and sturdy.This is a great starter pod..You can pick one up for around $60.00