Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Batman

Best place to bank fish for carp

Hello,  I am new to this site and carp fishing. I live in North Alabama Huntsville to be exact. Does anyone know where some good spots to catch common carp and grass carp from the bank would be? I would greatly appreciate   any help.

God Bless,

Scott  

Can't help but if Alabama is like Tennessee, bank space is rare.  We have miles of lake shore but very few places to fish from the bank.  Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency lists a whole sackful on their website and even has a booklet listing them.  I have visited some of them and they are the pits, some being nothing but dirt.  I bought a one-man rack for loading my canoe.  Going to try fishing some places by myself or taking SWMBO with me.

Try Google Earth for some decent aerial views where there might be some places to fish.  Dams will sometimes have walkways where you can fish but you have to climb down rocks during low water conditions.  Good luck!

I don't know your area, specifically, but the Tennessee River -- at least in TN -- is famous for big carp.  If I were living in Huntsville, I'd start by looking around my home turf for any places where I could fish on the river.  Does Huntsville have any public parks on the river?  Maybe some businesses on the river would allow you to fish on their property?  Ask for permission.  The worst outcome is that they say "no".  Does Alabama have a fisheries department (maybe a dept of natural resources ?) that keeps a list of public fishing access points?  By all means, ASK AROUND.  Check with your coworkers and friends, and go to fishing tackle stores and bait shops in your area and ask the guys who work there.  You're just looking for some spots where you can fish from the bank, right?  Some guys are tight-lipped when it comes to telling a stranger about their fishing spots, but if you tell people you're interested only in catching carp, they will probably be willing to share info with you.

On 1/20/2017 at 11:39 PM, Batman said:

Hello,  I am new to this site and carp fishing. I live in North Alabama Huntsville to be exact. Does anyone know where some good spots to catch common carp and grass carp from the bank would be? I would greatly appreciate   any help.

God Bless,

Scott  

i live in huntsville as well always trying to find new spots ive had luck in the flint river though and heard of people catching them at ditto landing