Carp Anglers Group Forums
(MO) MOCarper

New CAG member's first carp!!

Hi all!!

What a day!!....but not at first.......drove the 3 and a half hours to St. Louis for some fishing and relative visitin!-the weather was fabulous at 68F!!. (started at 39F though)..wife and one son (both CAG members ;)) went along-so excited!!!.....After 4 hours of NOT ONE FISH except two tail- snagged big-head carps, we finally started a near-furious bite!!.....I had tried boiled corn, strawberry panko, sweet corn, oat panko and nuthin!....and then, the action started....AND MY WIFE CAUGHT HER FIRST CARP!- PLAYED IT LIKE THE PRO SHE IS!- It wrapped the dock post, but freed itself and voila!- landed this nice 5lb 9ozer!!.....A proper CAG initiation!!.....After that, my son wanted his second, and within minutes caught......well....I'll have him make his first post!!...so proud of both!!!

IMG_8500.JPG

Great first fish- one of many in the future.  Good for the whole family to fish together.  I recall many times my family and I fished together.  We didn't know what carp fishing was all about in those days.

Awesome! Congratulations to your wife on her first carp! The smile says it all.