Carp Anglers Group Forums
(TX) djkleen02

2017 Tongue-In-Cheek Odds by Keith Thompson

Lol "two lucky draws again" maybe 2 news swims!  but 2  lucky draws:blabla: :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::party0012icon:

See everyone there cant wait.  Good luck to all. I hope the carp gods visit all of us.

Maybe everyone can take pics of scales zeroed and  then a pic showing the weight of the fish. as well as the fish after to go with the weight especially if its a big 6 every Pound and ounce will count......... Rule should be implemented in this type of tourney I would think

Thanks for being nice to me on my first ATC. ;)

No need though, I hope I get to call you out for 30/1 lol. 

18 hours ago, SoCalCarper said:

Lol "two lucky draws again" maybe 2 news swims!  but 2  lucky draws:blabla: :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::party0012icon:

See everyone there cant wait.  Good luck to all. I hope the carp gods visit all of us.

Maybe everyone can take pics of scales zeroed and  then a pic showing the weight of the fish. as well as the fish after to go with the weight especially if its a big 6 every Pound and ounce will count......... Rule should be implemented in this type of tourney I would think

Good idea. The verifying neighbor team member and/or Marshal will need to make sure the scale is zeroed first, then verify the weights. No doubt

Keith

Looks like a smart move having Jerome and I at the top of the list.

Will cut down on some of that pesky editing after the event!! :P

I've heard the "Can't beat the locals!" refrain many a time.........but here in MA there are clubs where folks pay good money for exactly that sort of thing. :titanic:

Iain 

On 2/15/2017 at 8:53 PM, SoCalCarper said:

I'm not a fan of digital scales.  Would much rather have dials that show needle below zero.  

26 minutes ago, bigfishseeker0078 said:

I'm not a fan of digital scales.  Would much rather have dials that show needle below zero.  

Yes sir:party0012icon:

Oh Keith, you got that absolutely right. I am going to be so intent on catching more fish than Iain that we might even win something as a side effect! Now that would be unprecedented, as we always did good at the ATC... after the ATC! Thank you for the motivational advice, very helpful.

On 2/16/2017 at 3:09 PM, djkleen02 said:

Good idea. The verifying neighbor team member and/or Marshal will need to make sure the scale is zeroed first, then verify the weights. No doubt

I hope this gets said before the start of tomorrow. Heard some stuff from around the lake:(

On 2/21/2017 at 0:17 AM, Jerome said:

Oh Keith, you got that absolutely right. I am going to be so intent on catching more fish than Iain that we might even win something as a side effect! Now that would be unprecedented, as we always did good at the ATC... after the ATC! Thank you for the motivational advice, very helpful.

May I point out that it actually worked? To my complete surprise? Admittedly, thanks to a lot of peg draw luck, a small mix-up with the results, and Frank's generosity, but... it worked! Too funny.

(oh, and also thanks to Keith lending us a carp sack which proved extremely useful; and a great insight from Mark Metzger suggesting that we do so...)