Carp Anglers Group Forums
FJR1

Post ATC 2017 Catches here!

The leaderboard for ATC 2017 will not contain too many pics from the event, so anyone who wishes can post some photos of their catches here.  I believe other shots can be found on the Austin Carp Anglers Facbook Page, but since this is a CAG event, I thought a few may want to post here.

Tracy Jourdan and I drew pegs chronologically that were middle of the pack and got a middle of the pack peg with middle of the pack results (so far).  Day two is tomorrow.

No complaints, though.  We had some fun with some decent carp and a nice buff:

37-0 buffalo
atc2017_tracy_3700buffalo.jpg

28-9 common
atc_2017_frank_2809.jpg

28-5 common
atc2017_tracy_2805.jpg

25-13 common
atc2017_frank_2513.jpg

24-2 common
atc2017_frank_2402.jpg

22-0 common
atc2017_frank_2200.jpg

32-9 grass carp
atc2017_frank_grasser_3209.jpg

Good luck to all on Day 2! --Frank Rink and Tracy Jourdan

You guys are killing me... I caught a 32lb buffalo, a 28lb common and a 15-ish grass carp today. I was happy with myself, but it seems that you beat me in every possible respect! Arumph! ;-)

PS. sorry, I don't have the pics handy.

Day 2 for Tracy and me was at the Lamar St. Bridge Peg (#5) where we were looking to improve our Big 6 totals by culling some of the smaller, Day 1 carp.  Unfortunately, we were only able to use two of our catches at Lamar for our Big 6, and we never did get that 30+ we were hoping for; but our final ATC totals were good enough to squeak into third place in the event, just a few ounces ahead of Jerome Moisand and Iain Murray.  I think second through fourth places were separated by just a couple pounds.

I won't steal the thunder of the CAG leadership by posting further results here as I am sure official results will be forthcoming soon; but I want to congratulate all winners and participants for some outstanding catches and totals, especially the first place team, the big buff winner, and the big grasser winner (all impressive totals)!

Huge thanks to the Austin Carp Anglers, CAG, Chad, Lindsey, Eric, Kevin, Bubba, Lee, Willem and all involved in the organization of ATC 2017 for a well-run, enjoyable tournament at a world-class venue!  Big thanks also to the generous sponsors who provided some nice prizes!  I look forward to a return to Austin one day. --Frank Rink

atc2017_frank_2505.jpg
One of two fish at peg 5 that helped us improve our Big 6 totals and barely slide into 3rd place.  This one was all fins and tail, but it still tallied 25-5 to nudge our totals up a bit.

Peg 5 at Lamar is a scenic venue with lots of friendly Texans asking questions as they walked/biked/jogged the trail behind us and with every watercraft imaginable in front of us (although most were very careful and considerate to avoid our lines).  Thanks, Austin!
peg_5.jpg
peg_5_paddle.jpg

2 minutes ago, The Big Worm said:

Nice fish Frank, thanks for updating those of us on the Forum...

Good Luck!

Thank you, sir.  I am confident that more detailed results will be posted soon by the event organizers.

Well Done Guys! Nice to see some St. Croix Avid rods in action at the ATC. ?

Always wanted to fish this one, but it's a long way and the timing always seems to conflict with work. Maybe next year? ?

Congrats Frank and Tracy .. great result for a visiting anglers - out of town anglers.. 

normally used to read detailed report from you .. so this was short but good :) may be u bit tired with long travel and haul fest 

Thank you, gentlemen, for the kind comments.  The St. Croix rods worked very well with no hook pulls at the net while getting the bait to where I wanted it.  

Jaffar--I didn't organize the event, so I am deferring to those more involved with it to post a detailed report. --Frank

Thanks for posting some pics Frank, those of us on the forum have been kind of in the dark .

Impressive 3rd place on Big 6 for the first I me there, congrats to you and Tracey.

I'll write a full article in the NACA about our experience during the event and what happened afterwards... I will say no more! ;-)

26 minutes ago, Jerome said:

I'll write a full article in the NACA about our experience during the event and what happened afterwards... I will say no more! ;-)

Oops.......there goes the neighborhood!!

Iain

:o:o:o