Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

FJR1

WE ARE FULL! - March 25 "Spring Has Sprung" Big 3 Carp Tournament at Joliet, IL

It's been awhile since I fished there. I'll take a spot if there's still room.

9 hours ago, CHIBIGTEE said:

It's been awhile since I fished there. I'll take a spot if there's still room.

Thanks, Tracy!  Tracy Jourdan is in!    :yourock:
Tracy_37+_buff.jpg

Participants, so far (19):
Victor Zemeckis
Michael Zemeckis
Anthony Hartung
Connor Reno
Chad Bettisch
Larry Seeman
Tony Donato
Emilio Montoya
Cory Bohmann
Ronnie Harding
Kris Pribyl
Nick Schutzenhofer
Josh Pins
Jim Kraft
Fred Rhodes
Eddie Cobb
Mike Olinger
Tracy Jourdan

Frank Rink

The sign-up will be limited to 20 anglers.  Just one opening remains!

What a great turn out can't wait to see all the old faces and meet the new ones 🐠🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟

21 minutes ago, charles thomas said:

if its not full I'm in  thanks

Thanks, Charles!  Charles Thomas is in!    :yourock:
photo-9083.jpg

Participants, so far (20).  Entries are closed as we have reached our limit:
Victor Zemeckis
Michael Zemeckis
Anthony Hartung
Connor Reno
Chad Bettisch
Larry Seeman
Tony Donato
Emilio Montoya
Cory Bohmann
Ronnie Harding
Kris Pribyl
Nick Schutzenhofer
Josh Pins
Jim Kraft
Fred Rhodes
Eddie Cobb
Mike Olinger
Tracy Jourdan
Charles Thomas

Frank Rink

The tournament is limited to 20 anglers.  We are full!

On 3/5/2017 at 7:33 PM, charles thomas said:

Frank can you add a spot for Deb thanks

Sorry, only if someone drops out.

We are 20 days out, and the forecast, I hope, will change.  Currently, Accuweather calls for a high of 51° with a quarter inch of rain lasting 4.5 hours.  That's a fast stream of chocolate milk, boys, and, with pegs 1 and 2 at Jackson closed, fishing would be tough.  By the way, Jackson 1 and 2 are just too different than the other pegs at the venue, so they will no longer be available at any of my future events.

Charlie--In a field this large, we usually have a "no-show" or two the day of the event.  If Deb wants to take her chances, she could come to the peg draw and hope there is an opening.  

Just a reminder to participants that if you are unable to attend, please let me know asap, so people on the waiting list can get in.  Thanks. --Frank 

As expected, the long-range forecast for March 25 at Joliet has already changed.  As of 3/8/17, we are looking at a high of 55° and sunny skies on March 25.  I hope that forecast holds, but we'll see.--Frank

Joliet expects another couple inches of snow tonight, but the forecast for March 25 is still looking good:  50° and sunny skies.  Good luck!

We are just a week or so out from the March 25 Big 3 Tournament, and the forecast for the event is still looking good:  53° and cloudy skies with a west wind.  Most of the rain will fall this weekend, so I'm hoping the water will be fairly clean.  Good luck!

Participants entered are as follows.  Entries are closed as we have reached our limit of 20.:
Victor Zemeckis
Michael Zemeckis
Anthony Hartung
Connor Reno
Chad Bettisch
Larry Seeman
Tony Donato
Emilio Montoya
Cory Bohmann
Ronnie Harding
Kris Pribyl
Nick Schutzenhofer
Josh Pins
Jim Kraft
Fred Rhodes
Eddie Cobb
Mike Olinger
Tracy Jourdan
Charles Thomas

Frank Rink

The tournament is limited to 20 anglers.  We are full!

We're just four days away from the March 25 Big 3 Tournament.  The good news is that the forecast calls for a high in the mid-60's.  The bad news is that it will rain for 6.5 hours with accumulations of over a half inch.  If we have thunderstorms, fishing will be suspended until it's safe to use a 12-foot rod.  

If you prefer not to participate in these conditions, I totally understand.  Either let me know by posting here or just don't show up on Saturday (if you prefer to wait until the last-minute forecast).  It's fine either way.  Hope to see some of you at Joliet on 3/25.  Good luck. --Frank

Charles--With the forecast for rain, I doubt that we will have a full house on Saturday.  Please feel free to bring Deb if she wants to participate. --Frank

Participants entered are as follows.  Entries are closed as we have reached our limit of 20.:
Victor Zemeckis
Michael Zemeckis
Anthony Hartung
Connor Reno
Chad Bettisch
Larry Seeman
Tony Donato
Emilio Montoya
Cory Bohmann
Ronnie Harding
Kris Pribyl
Nick Schutzenhofer
Josh Pins
Jim Kraft
Fred Rhodes
Eddie Cobb
Mike Olinger
Tracy Jourdan
Charles Thomas
Deb Higgins

Frank Rink

With 42 hours before the opening bell, the Accuweather forecast calls for a high of 64°, but rain accumulating over a half inch for six hours during the event.  It will be wet.  Be prepared.  Good luck!

A few reminders:

The tournament will run from 7:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. 

Entry:  Entry is $20 for the tournament with 100% payout to winning anglers at a rate of 50% for 1st, 30% for 2nd, and 20% for 3rd for the Big 3 event.  The top three anglers will also receive medals.

Optional Contest:  There will be an optional $10 contest for most carp caught with 100% payout to the top two anglers at a 60%-40% split. 

CAG Membership to highest placing Non-CAG Member:  $25 for a CAG membership will be awarded to the top finishing angler who has never been a CAG member!

Peg Choice Time and Place:  Peg choice will take place at 6:30 a.m. sharp at the parking lot just south of the Jefferson St. bridge.  If possible, please arrive a few minutes early for fee payment, waiver signature, scorecard distribution, meet and greet, etc.
14484614_1122364587830760_1285070117106207072_n.jpg

Number of rods:  Please note that three rods per angler will be allowed.  IDNR requires that the third rod is marked with your name and address.

Available pegs:  Sixteen Bicentennial Park pegs on the west side of the river (1 through 16), 13 pegs on the east bank (17 through 24E), and 12 Jackson St. pegs (J3 through J 14) will be available.  Jackson St. pegs 1 and 2 will not be used because this is the time of year when current and water clarity could be an issue and those two pegs have too much of an unfair advantage over others.  That's 41 pegs from which to choose.  Be prepared to choose a peg at the peg choice procedure.  
14440731_1122364561164096_8459302874619849087_n.jpg
14359240_1122364581164094_4499220082997520448_n.jpg

Medals:  In addition to the monetary prizes, medals will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place angler, to the top two "Total Number of Carp" winners, and to a "specialty" category winner. The "specialty" category will be announced at peg draw.

Permits, Approvals, Insurance, Waivers:   If you are new to the 2017events, you will be required to sign a waiver of liability prior to your participation.  Those who have already signed the 2017 waiver are good for the year at my events.  I have received approval from Joliet for all tournament dates listed on my 2017 Insurance Liability policy (3/25/17 is among those dates).  IDNR approval for this date has been finalized.

Moving to Different Pegs:  If you don't like the peg you initially choose, movement to an unoccupied peg may be made at anytime during the event (first come, first served).  In addition, there will be no limit to the number of times you may move.  However, you may not move back to a peg you had previously occupied.  

Fair Play, Witnessing Catches:  I am allowing weigh-ins on the buddy system and honor system.   An isolated angler (the only one in a section) may weigh his own fish on the honor system. All other catches (with two or more anglers in your section) must have a witness sign/initial the scorecard for each catch.  If you turn in a scorecard without witness' initials, the fish will not count.  All recordable fish must be released alive and in good condition.

I don't mean to "dampen" spirits, but in fairness to all, the forecast for tomorrow at Joliet is still WET and the east winds don't help much either.  Rain will greet us from 5 a.m. until 8 a..m. and the following graphic gives you the soaked picture for the rest of the day.  The only saving grace is that it won't be too cold.  Just a note that if there is lightning, fishing will be suspended until the lightning subsides.  Hope to see most of you in less than 24 hours.  Good luck. --Frank

joliet.jpg