Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Just wondering where and when is the 2017 CCC... 

Really..... No word or speculation  on when or where the  CCC  will held at?  Someone must know something.

We are trying to work out the details for a ccc in upstate ny. Not sure if it will work out though.

If last year's CCC dates are any indication, we are now less that two months away from CCC 2017.  Hopefully, our CAG leadership will be making some decisions soon.  Thanks! 

On 6/18/2017 at 9:50 AM, FJR1 said:

If last year's CCC dates are any indication, we are now less that two months away from CCC 2017.  Hopefully, our CAG leadership will be making some decisions soon.  Thanks! 

Working on it, a plan is starting to gel. Will be in September, not August. Stay tuned for news (soon).

6 hours ago, Jerome said:

Working on it, a plan is starting to gel. Will be in September, not August. Stay tuned for news (soon).

Good news!  Thank you, Jerome!

Quick update. In all likelihood, the CCC 2017 will be organized on the Hudson river in NY state. We're aiming at the weekend of Sep 23rd, but this is still in flux, it depends on when we can schedule a meeting room + restaurant at a decent price. Barry is actively working on it. Stay tuned...

PS. for once, the CCC will be at a location friendly to the east coast! I hope this will motivate quite a few folks to attend their first CCC...

As much as it is a great fishing event,  it is the clubs annual meeting. I hope that some effort will be made to record and put the meeting on YouTube for all members to see.

Thanks

The detailed meeting minutes will be made available to all CAG members, as we always do. 

The by laws state that the minutes of the meeting shall be recorded and then posted.  We post them every year for all to see on the Forum. They are also kept in the records.  I have the minutes of every plenary meeting from the time the club was formed. They are in the "book" that I possess, and the copy is in the "book" that the Historian (Jerome) now possesses.

Jerome should have a copy of the records on hand at the plenary meeting.

Edited by pickerd

I wasn't concerned about the minutes, or the book keeping. At the last two CCC's the President and Directors reportedly  gave inspiring speeches as to the direction of CAG and what was going to be happening in the club and what steps were being taken to move the club forward. What bits and pieces I heard about seemed like the kind of thing that the club as a whole could really use to inspire interest by folks  to get involved. There are still a lot of State Chair vacancies and as a whole there is very little interaction between the leaders and the membership except in their own locals, so I think it might be a good idea to make an effort to engage the membership at large at least once a year considering that the CCC  is the yearly meeting and always been the best time to engage membership.

From a realistic, logistical side, it is unlikely that even a majority of members could or can  make event and as the NACA, FACEBOOK, the NEWSLETTER, and POSTS by the directors rarely discuss club direction, members needs or club actions, I would hope as a member at least some effort might be taken to include the membership if not in the discussions at minimum to at least inform us as to what is going on. 

Most of the folks managing the club have stated that fish-ins and State Chairs putting on events help to keep folks interested and to gain membership too, and I would agree. The human interaction that happens at those events and the human responce to what is proposed in a group setting is what makes a club a club. I would hope that the magnitude of the CCC in the history of CAG combined with the opportunity of the collected membership, and the ease to which clips of those speeches could be posted to YouTube might serve as a kick start to renewed interest in the club. 

As I have said before, you guys can do what you want, your running the show.....but it seems a shame that at such  a big event to let such opportunities to include and engage the membership at large....would be left on the table....

The by-laws are the clubs building codes....they are minimum standards....they don't inspire folks...

All right Larry, we'll consider it. Just know that whatever was said during those meetings found its way in the meeting minutes, maybe not exactly verbatim, but pretty close. As to interactions with membership, you may not realize it, but most of the directors actually travel quite a lot, and do interact with numerous people, either in person or on the Internet. Not everybody for sure, but certainly quite a few. I personally find those interactions much more useful (and pleasant) than a plenary meeting, where few people speak up. And yes, agreed that by-laws aren't the most inspiring mechanism, lol, good one.

Any further progress on the CCC yet? I know of at least two, possibly three, former members that will sign up for this if it happens..

Edited by maninblack

I am still trying to iron out a few details but it looks like it will happen. It will be on the Hudson river on sept 23rd if everything falls together. I should know for sure by the end of the week and I will make a formal announcement.

Okay it's official. The CCC will be on Sept 23rd with a meet and greet /swap meet on the 22nd. The Mighty Hudson will be the venue. More details to follow.......