Carp Anglers Group Forums

NECC Carp Conference - Thanks!

Savayman

So where do I start… perhaps my family first as they have put up with me being more than a little focused over the past couple of months. I probably did not realize quite how much work was going to be involved to make sure that this our first North American Carp Conference was a success. Actually they said I’ve been a royal pain in the ass so clearly I need to make up for that! They even helped out setting up and on the day at the NECC so a massive thank-you for all the support, patience & wide berths you’ve given me when I’ve been less than tolerable!

Our speakers made a huge effort to share their incredible knowledge with the audience. The presentations made by Adam Tarnacki, Dave Pickering, Dean Brookes, Austin & Brendan Pass, Tom & Brian Daugherty and Phil Nathan were all first class and truly thought provoking. I’m sure no one went away without learning something that will help improve their carp fishing. Last but not least a massive thank-you to Rob Hughes for taking time out of his hectic schedule to join us live not once but twice via video link.

I did not imagine in my wildest dreams that we would ever attract such an amazing array of fabulous prizes from our incredibly generous sponsors. My initial target for donated prizes was simply swept away with the wave enthusiasm that so many companies and key individuals showed towards this the very first NECC. We raised an amazing $1600 from the raffle that will go towards the Carp Anglers Group continued mission to encourage more people to take up carp fishing and raise awareness for carp as a sportfish in North America. I’ll be contacting our sponsors to thank them individually and also to highlight them further on social media.

I’m sure it was a true leap of faith for our vendors to come on board and in many cases travel hundreds of miles to be at this our inaugural event. My thanks to the Fishing Factory 3, Carp Maxx, Trilogy, World Classic Baits, Carp Angler Magazine, Record Baits, Stick ‘Em Steve Decals, Carp Mart, Advanced Fishing and of course Team USA Carp Squad who endured a nightmare journey from Indianapolis suffering three flight cancellations and lost luggage.  Your trust and support in making this all work so well was very much appreciated.

The NECC could never have happened without it being a Carp Anglers Group event. As a non-profit organization we are truly dependent on the time and generosity of our dedicated members who volunteer their time so selflessly. My sincere thanks go to my fellow CAG board members who allowed me to run with this idea and supported me all the way. Bob Giodarno, Jerome Moisand, Larry Nowicki, Barry Howard, Dave Pickering, Bob Hall, Edwin Stackhouse & Steve Clow – thank you!

I must also give mention to Kevin Smith and the folk at the Elks Lodge in Middletown who so patiently answered the many questions I had and ensured that everyone was well catered for in the Lodge bar & restaurant.

And finally my thanks go to all of you who came along and joined in the fun. Your attendance made this all worthwhile. As I said a few times social media simply cannot replace the true quality time that only comes with us all being in one place together. It was everything I’d hoped for just to see so many people sharing fishing stories and experiences with friends old and new. We managed to sign up over 30 new CAG members as a result and I hope you all had a great time and went away looking forward to the next NECC!

NECC Header 032417.jpg

So, does anyone have any photos of this major event? I saw Edwin taking a bunch,  Would be great to post a few here.