Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

possum

Dunkel & Possum Marijuana Day Carping

It was a beautiful day in WV to be carping, since we had no marijuana to smoke on Marijuana Day we decided to go fishing instead. We headed to the Pot-O-Mac River to try our luck. Our luck was good and we ended up with 16 carp landed 3 carp lost to hook pulls. Dunkel caught his personal best and I caught a nice mirror which are rather rare in these parts. Flavors of the day were some homemade peanut butter concoction Dunkel made up, cinnamon corn, coconut corn, and Aweson Possum corn.

Heres some pics of our day!

IMG_2177.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_2187.JPG

IMG_2190.JPG

014.JPG

018.JPG

029.JPG

017.JPG

021.JPG

Terrific. I suspect those carp smoke something for biting that hard, but we'll not investigate any further!

All jokes aside it was a good day and Dunkels peanut butter concoction was amazing, it was THE bait of the day!

I had my doubts but after seeing it inaction I'm sold on it!

Great job guys!I've had good luck with penury butter paste bait in summer :)

Carping in the Pot-O-Mac brings back some great memories for me.  I fished it regularly for about 3 years, before I moved to Georgia about 50 years ago.  But it looks like you were fishing FAR upriver from the sections where I fished.  We fished from the MD side, either at Snider's Landing, near Sharpsburg, MD (the Shepherdstown, WV area), or else across from Harper's Ferry.

I caught all my lifetime PB commons there (back in the days before digital cameras and good scales).  I did release a few that were over a yard long, and that pegged my old Zebco "De-Liar" (it only went to 27 lbs). We caught all our biggest fish at Snider's by free lining cinnamon-flavored dough balls that were at least 40 mm in diameter, but caught more fish across from Harper's Ferry (we free lined dough balls there, too, but we used smaller ones there, both cinnamon and strawberry  -- those were the only two recipes we had back then, LOL).

Anyway, I'm glad to see that you guys had a great day.  Congrats both on Dunkel's PB and on your nice mirror (I never caught one in the Potomac)!!!

Good to see you guys fishing and toking. Lol. What's the peanut butter concoction?

On 4/25/2017 at 2:10 PM, Mad Chummer said:

Good to see you guys fishing and toking. Lol. What's the peanut butter concoction?

I made some Peanut Butter pellets that aren't boilies and a top secret Peanut Butter glug that's very thick. 

It was another great day on the water with Possum. We seem to bring out the best & worst in each other. 2nd time he witnessed my PB being caught and he also witnessed my first mirror. I witnessed his PB for that river and his first mirror at that swim.

Very cool!

Oh I forgot. Dunkel I'll send you my address for you to send me the peanut butter glue and recipe. Thanks.