Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Clay34

Carp Flag?

Anyone chase carp out of a boat or kayak and think about flying a carp flag.  Found these cheap on Ebay from China:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/55cm-150cm-Japanese-Windsock-Carp-Flag-Garden-Koi-Nobori-Sailfish-Wind-Streamer-/201560009014?var=&hash=item2eede9a936:m:mEC6-lte0Sw3AQNLWsqUQUg

What started this is that many Kayakers fly a blaze orange safety flag so that you don't get run over by bigger boats.  So if I am going to fly a flag anyhow, why not a carp flag.

Almost thought of buying multiple ones and running them up the mast like marlin fisherman each time I land one on the fly rod.  Unless I have one of those 27 fish days. 

So what do you think?  Am I all whacked for even thinking this?

No your not whacked out... I just ordered some....:D

So which one or ones did you end up with Barry?  There are many types and styles available. 

Good idea.  Need to figure out how to fly it at the house.

The way bow hunters react to my CAG sweatshirt, I am pretty sure having a carp flag would result in my house becoming an archery target..lol. They sure look good though.

I occasionally fly kites with the Minnesota Kite Society and one of the guys has a carp kite which if probably over 10 ft in length.

2 hours ago, Clay34 said:

So which one or ones did you end up with Barry?  There are many types and styles available. 

I got one of each...If I like them I might add them to the store...;)

Good deal Barry.  Glad that you liked the idea. 

Chayathecat, I have some people that I consider friends that don't get my passion for chasing these fish.  I tell them, one year I spent 66 days on the water as recorded in my journal.  I kept zero trout.  So now instead of driving hours just to release brook trout and maybe a 14 or 15" brown, I catch true 10 and even 20 pounders on my fly rod with flies that I tie myself.  My goal is a true 30 one day soon.  The drug is the TUG!

Like many others on this board, I will fly a carp flag proudly.