Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

So.........this afternoons session included a channel cat of about 3lbs, and then this fantailed goldfish.......very pretty and obviously a pretty smart fish to survive!!....too bad it doesn't count in CAG Big Four!!!

CAG Big Four goldfish 1lb 7oz June 11 2017.JPG

My first trip to North America from England....there was a large pond/ small lake in the middle of Kitchener, Ontario. So armed with some corn and bread I set off to see what I could catch out of it. The answer was GOLDFISH..big ones, little ones, orange ones, yellow ones, white ones! I was not pleased...I hadn't come 3000 miles to catch bloody goldfish. So I put  a big worm on the hook and cast it out into the middle. What did I get ? An 18lb snapping turtle!! Not the best start to fishing in America!

1 hour ago, Tony Locke said:

My first trip to North America from England....there was a large pond/ small lake in the middle of Kitchener, Ontario. So armed with some corn and bread I set off to see what I could catch out of it. The answer was GOLDFISH..big ones, little ones, orange ones, yellow ones, white ones! I was not pleased...I hadn't come 3000 miles to catch bloody goldfish. So I put  a big worm on the hook and cast it out into the middle. What did I get ? An 18lb snapping turtle!! Not the best start to fishing in America!

Of course you did, Tony!!!   All of us here in Georgia know you as the "Turtle King".  :lol::lol:   

I think you'd be disappointed if you didn't catch at least one turtle every time you fish.

You can make turtle soup.  The nice is that you turn them upside down and they come with their own bowl. :lol: