Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

FJR1

RESULTS - 2017 Wisconsin Carp Championship - Two Rivers, Wisconsin

(The majority of anglers who participate in the annual Wisconsin Carp Championship in Two Rivers, Wisconsin are from Illinois.  I noticed 2017 Wisconsin Carp Championship results (in fact, all posts) were deleted from that tournament's CAG thread.  Consequently, I am posting the partial results on the "Illinois Carp Fishing NEWS and Tournaments" thread.  --F. Rink)

The June 3-4 Wisconsin Carp Championship (11th overall and 9th at Two Rivers) has come and gone! This year it was a Big 3 event with a minimum eligible weight of 18 pounds. There were 35 participants, and nine anglers weighed their three fish limit. Lots of carp were caught, but it was a bit tougher to get that 18+ on the bank. Congrats to all involved!

Here are Top 10 results as reported by tournament organizer Lee Young:

"Results of the 2017 WI Carp Championship

10th - Kyle Kozlowski = 43-5
9th - Jaroslaw Latka = 63-5
8th - Josef Settele = 63-11
7th - Marcin Szydlowski = 64-10
6th - Adam Krysiak = 65-14
5th - Tim Rumlow = 65-15 (plus Biggest Carp, 27-7)
4th - Mateusz Bryja = 68-3
3rd - Goran Batlak = 68-7
2nd - Jordan Wheeler = 73-8
2017 WI Carp Champion is Attila Agh, with 74-14

Congratulations to the Winners, on what was a very tough fishing weekend."

In addition to Lee Young's posting of the Top 10 results, I want to offer my own thanks, as alway, to . . .

. . . the community of Two Rivers for generously rolling out the "red carpet" for carp anglers for a ninth consecutive year! It's always a pleasure to return, meet some new people, and renew some old acquaintances.

. . . Lee Young and his behind the scenes crew (Patty, Judy, Dave, Doug, Adam, etc.) for their efforts as organizers of the carp fishing tournament!

. . . Adam Schumacher, Dave Eis, Doug DeVries, and Lee Young for their excellent work in offering encouragement for all of us and as weigh stewards and netters.

. . . my peg mates, David Bryant, Jaroslaw Latka, and Adam Krysiak for graciously netting most of my 30+ carp even though I was only able to coax one in the net that exceeded the minimum weight. Netting those smaller fish gets old quickly, but you did it with a smile. Thanks!

. . . to all participants who honored their commitment to being there and for your continued display of fraternity and good-will. It's always a treat fishing with all of you!

Big congratulationss to Attila Agh, Jordan Wheeler, Goran Batlak, Mateusz Bryja, Tim Rumlow, Adam Krysiak, Marcin Szydlowski, Josef Settele, Jaroslaw Latka, and Kyle Koslowski for your outstanding results as Top 10 finishers in the Big 3 competition! Kudos to Tim Rumlow for netting the big fish of the event at 27-7! Well done!

The organizers did not post a complete listing of results, so the rest of us placing 11th through 35th don't know how we finished. All of us, not just the winners, paid a relatively substantial entry fee and spent double or triple that for food, lodging, fuel, etc. in the Two Rivers area, so I don't think a request for a full results summary is too much to ask.  Thorough results also pique interest and motivate future participation.

The Wisconsin Carp Championship still eludes Wisconsin carp anglers as all 11 tournament champions have been from out of state.  In addition, the Wisconsin Carp Championship still favors European-based carp fishing expertise as 10 of the 11 champions were born outside the USA.

To the best of my knowledge:
2007 - Ernest Kolodziejczk (2007 WI Carp Champion) - Country of birth: Poland; State of residence: Illinois
2008 - Joseph Settele (2008 WI Carp Champion) - Germany; Minnesota
2009 - Joseph Settele (2009 WI Carp Champion) - Germany; Minnesota
2010 - Ioan "Jacob" Iacob (2010 WI Carp Champion) - Romania; Illinois
2011 - Marcin Szydlowski (2011 WI Carp Champion) - Poland; Illinois
2012 - Tom Falaszewski (2012 WI Carp Champion) - Poland; Illinois
2013 - Ioan "Jacob" Iacob (2013 WI Carp Champion) - Romania; Illinois
2014 - Henryk Burza (2014 WI Carp Champion) - Poland; Illinois
2015 - Frank Rink (2015 WI Carp Champion) - USA; Illinois
2016 - Ioan "Jacob" Iacob (2016 WI Carp Champion) - Romania; Illinois
2017 - Attila Agh (2017 WI Carp Champion) - Hungary; New Jersey

I look forward to an even better 2018 version of the Wisconsin Carp Championship and a return Two Rivers, WI.  --Frank Rink

no wonder .. I was looking for some interesting comments made by you ,tim and other but dont see em .. but how ?

13 hours ago, Jaffar Syed said:

no wonder .. I was looking for some interesting comments made by you ,tim and other but dont see em .. but how ?

Jaffar--I'm not sure if it's a funding problem, an oversight, or just an obstinate reaction, but there has been no positive response to my request for a complete listing of 2017 Wisconsin Carp Championship results on the Wisconsin Carp Championship Facebook Page. In fact, my requests have been deleted, twice, and someone has manipulated settings for that page so that I am not allowed to make any more comments/requests. I guess I'm banned for asking for results.  That censoring tactic is odd, since my request simply seeks some information about tournament results, and it's been nearly three weeks since the conclusion of the 2017 Wisconsin Carp Championship. As a nine-year participant of the event, I sincerely hope some results will be forthcoming.

Those of us placing 11th through 35th don't know how we finished, and some of us would like to know. All of us, not just the winners, paid a relatively substantial entry fee and spent double or triple that for food, lodging, fuel, etc. in the Two Rivers area. I don't think a request for a summary of all results is too much to ask in return. A participant's expectation of a timely and accurate listing of full results is not only reasonable but should also be standard operating procedure and high on the list of an organizer's post-tournament priorities and responsibilities.  Take a look, for example, at Wild Carp Classic results.  Their scoring system is much more time consuming, yet they post full results within a couple hours of the event's conclusion.

Thorough results also pique interest and motivate future participation. If organizers have a rational reason for not posting results, I'd like to know; but I currently don't understand why a clear and simple request for information goes both unheeded and, worse, deleted with a reactionary, censoring tactic.

Most of the comments by others on the Wisconsin Carp Championship Facebook page, including suggestions, requests, etc., have been deleted as well.   I'm not sure what's going on.  I've made an inquiry about these issues and related tournament results to the Two Rivers Business Association. 

Yes, it's just carp fishing, but it would just be helpful if we had a little more information after spending two or three days in Two Rivers, Wisconsin.  There was a promise to me, on the WCC Facebook page, that a full summary of results would be posted on Thursday, June 8.  The results never came and the promise has been deleted.

Hope all is well with you and yours. --Frank

16 hours ago, FJR1 said:

Jaffar--I'm not sure if it's a funding problem, an oversight, or just an obstinate reaction, but there has been no positive response to my request for a complete listing of 2017 Wisconsin Carp Championship results on the Wisconsin Carp Championship Facebook Page. In fact, my requests have been deleted, twice, and someone has manipulated settings for that page so that I am not allowed to make any more comments/requests. I guess I'm banned for asking for results.  That censoring tactic is odd, since my request simply seeks some information about tournament results, and it's been nearly three weeks since the conclusion of the 2017 Wisconsin Carp Championship. As a nine-year participant of the event, I sincerely hope some results will be forthcoming.

Those of us placing 11th through 35th don't know how we finished, and some of us would like to know. All of us, not just the winners, paid a relatively substantial entry fee and spent double or triple that for food, lodging, fuel, etc. in the Two Rivers area. I don't think a request for a summary of all results is too much to ask in return. A participant's expectation of a timely and accurate listing of full results is not only reasonable but should also be standard operating procedure and high on the list of an organizer's post-tournament priorities and responsibilities.  Take a look, for example, at Wild Carp Classic results.  Their scoring system is much more time consuming, yet they post full results within a couple hours of the event's conclusion.

Thorough results also pique interest and motivate future participation. If organizers have a rational reason for not posting results, I'd like to know; but I currently don't understand why a clear and simple request for information goes both unheeded and, worse, deleted with a reactionary, censoring tactic.

Most of the comments by others on the Wisconsin Carp Championship Facebook page, including suggestions, requests, etc., have been deleted as well.   I'm not sure what's going on.  I've made an inquiry about these issues and related tournament results to the Two Rivers Business Association. 

Yes, it's just carp fishing, but it would just be helpful if we had a little more information after spending two or three days in Two Rivers, Wisconsin.  There was a promise to me, on the WCC Facebook page, that a full summary of results would be posted on Thursday, June 8.  The results never came and the promise has been deleted.

Hope all is well with you and yours. --Frank

I agree with you frank ..its quite a time and money that goes into this and we should see details of pegs and results by day.. but it was TRBA wants to do? 

information/data is key , having full results - and discussion where people speak out - suggestions goes long way in future planning . Apart from all results i would be very interested to see the all the pegs/anglers for both day - its simple 1 page so a photo will also do.. we could see how those pegs played out both days .. might not be same every year but it kinda give you little more info on how the pegs worked out in tourney.

there were lot of good comments - suggestions this time around that would serve well in future .. i remember yours comment on some mandatory fee so a late drop out will leave something on table .. i may not be correct but i guess there was quite a drop out at kewanee and also some at two rivers . Tim R has some interesting points on fish runs there .. it would also be informative to people just planning a fishing trip there...

I still like to think it was some kinda issue with messages being cleared out - but if it was intentional its does not taste good to me .  

All well here and Hope you all doing good .. 

On 6/16/2017 at 1:00 PM, Jaffar Syed said:

I agree with you frank ..its quite a time and money that goes into this and we should see details of pegs and results by day.. but it was TRBA wants to do? 

information/data is key , having full results - and discussion where people speak out - suggestions goes long way in future planning . Apart from all results i would be very interested to see the all the pegs/anglers for both day - its simple 1 page so a photo will also do.. we could see how those pegs played out both days .. might not be same every year but it kinda give you little more info on how the pegs worked out in tourney.

there were lot of good comments - suggestions this time around that would serve well in future .. i remember yours comment on some mandatory fee so a late drop out will leave something on table .. i may not be correct but i guess there was quite a drop out at kewanee and also some at two rivers . Tim R has some interesting points on fish runs there .. it would also be informative to people just planning a fishing trip there...

I still like to think it was some kinda issue with messages being cleared out - but if it was intentional its does not taste good to me .  

All well here and Hope you all doing good .. 

I totally agree, Jaffar.  I think some may occasionally take advantage of the reluctance of many carp anglers to speak up and, then, are surprised, shocked, or offended when somebody makes a suggestion or asks for more information.  To respond by selectively deleting valid comments or suggestions and to react by selectively refusing or ignoring reasonable requests are troubling.

I have an idea...all whiners, wringers, bedwetters and know it alls could pick up the ball and run with it and run a tournament exactly as THEY would like it to be run...this would include post tournament information...

5 hours ago, maninblack said:

I have an idea...all whiners, wringers, bedwetters and know it alls could pick up the ball and run with it and run a tournament exactly as THEY would like it to be run...this would include post tournament information...

Yes, Mark, I understand your idea and appreciate your posting the suggestion, but I don't share your sentiments.  Having organized a few tournaments myself, I'm often tempted to respond with "If you don't like it, run one yourself," when a participant second-guesses a rule, criticizes a tournament parameter, or complains about the dissemination of post-tournament information.  

However, rather than resorting to schoolyard name-calling to belittle the person and their suggestions, rather than deleting their comments, and rather than threatening to never host the tournament again, I've found it much more productive with much less angst to reflectively and introspectively consider their suggestions in the spirit of improving an event, to provide whatever information they might feel is missing, and to respond as respectfully as possible to the comments that are made, even if the suggestions are illogical, impossible, and/or ill-willed.  

I'd like to see you back as a CAG member.  I hope all is well with you and yours.  --Frank

9 hours ago, The Big Worm said:

Did someone light up "THE BIG WORM" signal my Muckraker senses are tingling ....

Frank,   I'd love to throw a roll of pennies at this too to cover the 2 cents for each thought , but only with your permission....

It's your thread....

Larry

I appreciate the request, but it's CAG's forum, not mine.  Write what you wish. --Frank

2 hours ago, FJR1 said:

I appreciate the request, but it's CAG's forum, not mine.  Write what you wish. --Frank

Write what you want, guys, just please... stay civil and constructive, ok? 

I deleted my post because looking at the reality of the situation. We all go for our own personal and often selfish reasons. It does not matter if your a promoter, a sponsor, or an Angler/participant...we are all there to get something we want out of going, or running an event...

I went to get away for a day, see the old crew, and to fish.....something I rarely get to do nowadays.....

So I got what I wanted.....

......I can't speak for others.

25 minutes ago, The Big Worm said:

I went to get away for a day, see the old crew, and to fish.....something I rarely get to do nowadays.....

So I got what I wanted.....

As good a reason as any to participate in this age-old pastime.

On 6/19/2017 at 6:09 AM, FJR1 said:

I'd like to see you back as a CAG member.   --Frank

I will rejoin if and when CAG organizes a competitive event within a reasonable driving distance...Hopefully the CCC will return further North this year, I'd really like to win it having wangled a second a couple of years ago...Congrats on your result at the White River...that's a great result going up against the local regulars...

7 hours ago, maninblack said:

I will rejoin if and when CAG organizes a competitive event within a reasonable driving distance...Hopefully the CCC will return further North this year, I'd really like to win it having wangled a second a couple of years ago...Congrats on your result at the White River...that's a great result going up against the local regulars...

Perhaps the CCC will be back in New York near the St. Lawrence.  It would be good to have you back in the group.  Thanks for the kind words about the Indianapolis event. --Frank

On 6/21/2017 at 10:20 PM, maninblack said:

Actually, this is likely to happen with the CCC 2017... More to come this week-end.

8 hours ago, Jerome said:

Actually, this is likely to happen with the CCC 2017... More to come this week-end.

Great! Looking forward to hearing about any plans!