Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
(TN) Cannonball

Grandson's bank time with Pop-Pop

My grandson, Brody and his brother Cooper, had fished with me a while back at another venue.  The carp were small and this venue has produced some nice carp and buffs.  I prebaited a day before with about 10 lb. of cracked corn and deer corn, flavored with anise.  Anyway, Cooper opted out as he is in the early teen stage and is more of a stay-at-home guy.  Brody spent the night and we hit the river about 9 AM.  I put out more bait and let it settle while setting up.  I mixed some bird seed with the corn and catapaulted range cubes.  I had another 10 lb. of corn as I wanted to spod during the time we were fishing.  I took Brody's Zebco outfit to keep him occupied while waiting for a run.  The wife, Nancy, scrounged around and found some worms.  Odd, but he didn't catch one bluegill!  He was fishing over by the boat ramp when the alarm sounded.  He was running so fast, he created a vacuum and sucked up small twigs and leaves behind him!  I set the hook and he started to drop and crank like I had showed him.  He is small and Nancy helped hold the rod.  The first carp in the net was 15-4!  Not bad for a first fish.  We were glad he landed it as it ran under the dock and we were afraid it  would cut the braid on the pilings.  His previous PB was around 5 lb.  Will post this on my signature to keep track.  He landed two carp; the second was 14-4.  Had two hook pulls with two other carp.  One got right up to the dock and he tried to keep it from going under the dock.  I guess there was too much pressure on the line.  We did see it. It was decent; as Horace (the Ol' Captain) would say, it was between 4 and 40!  Check out the photos.  He is holding the 14-4.  Wouldn't kiss it or lick and release like Max, the Ultimate Carping Hound.

We are planning on Brody and his cousin, Noah, spending the day, swimming and playing, spending the night and carping then next day.  Looking forward to it.  Yes, I feel that I am really blessed!

IMG_20170621_112108798.jpg

IMG_20170621_111141937_HDR.jpg

Go, Cooper! And nicely done, grand-pa!

Sorry for the bad wording; that is Brody.  Cooper opted to stay at home and be a teenager, what ever that means.  Brody is more leaning to the outdoors like fishing and hunting.  Cooper had gone with us before but seems to be the more quiet type like his dad and older brother.

Was me reading too fast, apologies to Brody!