Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
FJR1

Sign up! - September 9, 2017 "Welcome Back" Tournament at Johnson-Sauk Trail Lake, Kewanee, IL

Frank, I really hate to, but I have remove myself from the entry list for the 9th of Sept. I'm starting a side job on the 26th of Aug and it's going to require all my attention for appox 4 weeks.  I will see everyone at the next one. And no I'm not going to Dixon, LOL.  

On 8/13/2017 at 8:52 PM, Blacksheep said:

Frank, I really hate to, but I have remove myself from the entry list for the 9th of Sept. I'm starting a side job on the 26th of Aug and it's going to require all my attention for appox 4 weeks.  I will see everyone at the next one. And no I'm not going to Dixon, LOL.  

Not a problem, Larry.  Good luck with your endeavor. --Frank

It looks as if Larry's absence will open up one slot for September 9.  Post here of you want in.  Thanks. 

One slot remains.  Anglers participating:

1. Chad Bettisch
2. Anthony Hartung 
3. Emilio Montoya
4. Victor Zemeckis 
5. Michael Zemeckis
6. Chris Reitan
7. Chris Matthews
8. Tony Donato
9. James Kraft 
10. Brett Du Preez
11. Nick Lautwein 
12. James Revell
13. Jeff Hughes 
14. Oliver Hughes
15. Frank Rink

Bill Hodge is in.  Thanks, Bill!:yourock:
sauk_051515_hodge_carp.jpg

We are full for September 9.

1. Chad Bettisch

2. Anthony Hartung 
3. Emilio Montoya
4. Victor Zemeckis 
5. Michael Zemeckis
6. Chris Reitan
7. Chris Matthews
8. Tony Donato
9. James Kraft 
10. Brett Du Preez
11. Nick Lautwein 
12. James Revell
13. Jeff Hughes 
14. Oliver Hughes
15. Bill Hodge

16. Frank Rink

I thought I would give you a heads up, instead of just not showing up. And giving someone else a chance to sign up.

We are now less than two weeks away from the September 9 "Welcome Back" Big 4 Tournament at Johnson Sauk Trail Lake in Kewanee, IL.  The long range forecast is a calling for a high of 74° with some passing showers, but that will probably change.  Reminders about the event will be posted as we get closer to 9/9/17.  Good luck!

090917_banner_sauk.jpg

This event is full. 
Anglers participating:

1. Chad Bettisch
2. Anthony Hartung 
3. Emilio Montoya
4. Victor Zemeckis 
5. Michael Zemeckis
6. Bill Hodge
7. Chris Reitan
8. Chris Matthews
9. Tony Donato
10. James Kraft 
11. Brett Du Preez
12. Nick Lautwein 
13. James Revell
14. Jeff Hughes 
15. Oliver Hughes
16. Frank Rink

Frank, do you know something I don't? My name is back on the list for some reason. I to make sure, I can not make it on the 9th.

I believe Bill Hodge should be on the list ?

13 hours ago, Blacksheep said:

Frank, do you know something I don't? My name is back on the list for some reason. I to make sure, I can not make it on the 9th.

12 hours ago, JYB said:

I believe Bill Hodge should be on the list ?

52 minutes ago, Blacksheep said:

Ya, I seen that. Just messing with Frank.

Sorry.  I cut and pasted an older list on my last post and didn't notice the error.  Yes, Bill is back on and Larry is not (since he'll probably be fishing with Cory and Boo and Eddie and Fred in Dixon).  :yourock:  

Due to some additional locations having been refined/improved by the staff at Johnson-Sauk Trail Lake and due to the Dixon Carp Derby having been reduced in scope, I am re-opening sign-ups for the September 9 "Welcome Back" Tournament.  Up to 24 anglers will be allowed to participate.

Anglers participating, so far:

1. Chad Bettisch
2. Anthony Hartung 
3. Emilio Montoya
4. Victor Zemeckis 
5. Michael Zemeckis
6. Chris Reitan
7. Chris Matthews
8. Tony Donato
9. James Kraft 
10. Brett Du Preez
11. Nick Lautwein 
12. James Revell
13. Jeff Hughes 
14. Oliver Hughes
15. Bill Hodge
16. Frank Rink

Fred Rhodes and Eddie Cobb are in!  Thank you, gentlemen! :yourock:
joliet_121215_eddie_fred.jpg
eddie_sauk_13+_0916.jpg
fred_sauk_0916.jpg

Anglers participating, so far:

1. Chad Bettisch
2. Anthony Hartung 
3. Emilio Montoya
4. Victor Zemeckis 
5. Michael Zemeckis
6. Chris Reitan
7. Chris Matthews
8. Tony Donato
9. James Kraft 
10. Brett Du Preez
11. Nick Lautwein 
12. James Revell
13. Jeff Hughes 
14. Oliver Hughes
15. Bill Hodge
16. Fred Rhodes
17. Eddie Cobb
18. Frank Rink

Thanks. Larry.  18 are plenty; in fact, 10 are plenty.  Hope all is well with you and yours. --Frank

090917_banner_sauk.jpg

Here are a few reminders (since the thread has become a bit long) for the September 9 “Welcome Back” Tournament at Kewanee, IL.

A.  I’ll take a few more entries but 18 are fine.  Here is the current sign-up list:
1. Chad Bettisch

2. Anthony Hartung 

3. Emilio Montoya

4. Victor Zemeckis 

5. Michael Zemeckis

6. Chris Reitan

7. Chris Matthews

8. Tony Donato

9. James Kraft 

10. Nick Lautwein 

11. Jeff Hughes 

12. Oliver Hughes

13. Bill Hodge

14. Fred Rhodes

15. Eddie Cobb

16. Frank Rink

B.  This is a Big 4 event.  Entry is $20 for the tournament with 100% payout to the winning anglers at a rate of 50% for 1st, 30% for 2nd, and 20% for 3rd.  The top three anglers will also receive medals.  In addition, bait prizes acquired by Victor Zemeckis through the generosity of Wacker Bait and Tackle will be awarded to the top 3 anglers.  Small prizes will also awarded for the first (shop light) and last (rig wallet) carp.

C.  There will be an optional $10 side-pot for most carp caught with 100% payout to the top two anglers at a 60%-40% split. The first place angler in this contest will receive a medal.

D.  Peg choice will take place at 6:00 a.m. at the "usual" parking lot at the southwest side of the lake.  Try to get there a little early for entry payment and IDNR waiver signatures.  We will return to the lot after 5:00 p.m. for awards.

E.  Anglers will choose peg areas in the order of their drawn numbers.  You will choose from among the Shabbona, Keokuk, Tecumseh, Blackhawk, Singing Bird, and Dam (both pathway and concrete) Areas.  You will have first choice of location in an area if you choose it first.  

E.  Two rods per angler will be allowed.  An angler must land his own fish, but another may assist with netting.  If another angler is within a convenient distance, have him sign-off on the weight and time of your catch.  If not, you may weigh and record on the honor system.  Be honest!

F.  The tournament will run from 7:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.  There is no feeding/chumming prior to 7:00 a.m.

G.  Bring your own food.  If you must vacate your location for lunch/restroom, etc., please pull your lines.

H.  Don’t forget proper carp care (mats, soft nets, no flopping on hard ground)!

I.  If the site supervisor or IDNR official wants to see our tournament permit, please send him/her to me.

J.  Weather is expected to be sunny with a high of 77°.  Good luck.  Have fun! —Frank Rink, Tournament Host

We are less than 48 hours from the "Welcome Back" Big 4 Tournament at Johnson Sauk Trail Lake.  Here is the latest weather forecast for Saturday, September 9:
70°HI  RealFeel® 77°  Precipitation 4%

Pleasant with plenty of sunshine
Winds from the E at 8 mph
Gusts: 12 mph
Max UV Index: 11 (Extreme)
Thunderstorms: 0%
Precipitation: 0 in
Rain: 0 in
Hours of Precipitation: 0 hrs
Hours of Rain: 0 hrs

Brett Du Preez and James Revell are out due to family or work commitments, but 16 is a more manageable number anyway with some good locations available to all participants. In the interest of full disclosure, I will allow Jeff Hughes and son Oliver to squeeze into a single location/peg with four rods since dad wants to be close to his son at this event.  

Peg choice is at 6:00 a.m. sharp. If you are not present at that time, you will have last choice of fishing locations.

ManagePrize percentages are rounded to the closest $10 increment so I'm not hunting for change. Here's the monetary breakdown if all 16 anglers get in both contests:

Big 4
1st 50%- $160
2nd 30% - $100
3rd 20% - $60

Most carp
1st 60% - $100
2nd 40% - $60

Don't forget the Wacker Bait prizes acquired by Victor Z. for Big 4 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.

Don't forget the shop light for first carp and the rig wallet for last carp.

The specialty contest will be for small carp. The winner will get an aluminum bank-stick and a medal.

Medals will also go to the top three in the Big 4 event and to the top two in the optional most-carp contest.

Drive safely. Good luck. --Frank