Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Tried a local lake very early this morning with no hits, then went to a local creek and was 5 for 5, anywhere from 8-17lbs, the latter of which had a broken hair rig with shrink tubing and 3 pieces of fake corn-my hook was right next to it!!!!.. couldn't tell how long the fish had it; I've never seen other fisherman here at all, so maybe the fish come from upstream, but it's be a ways-no good pools for  a mile or so.......Soooo, I gained tackle today instead of losing a rig!!....

17lb common July 24 2017.JPG17lb common with a fake corn hair rig broken-off July 24 2017.JPGHair_rig_retrieved_from_17lb_common_July_24_2017.JPG8lb common July 24 2017.JPG10lb 2oz common July 24 2017.JPG12lb common July 24 2017.JPG11lb common carp July 24 2017.JPG

probably.....I'm surprised it broke off-it was tied to braid; I'm a mono-man, and landed the fish with 8lb test and super -ultra-light 5-ft rod.........just submitted an article for NACA describing and detailing the technique............fished heritage at 5:30am-nuthin-didn't use pack bait though, just boiled corn with sweet corn and vanilla chum.....too many channel cats; saw one carp breach close, but nuthin........went to the end of the silo point-not much deeper than where you fish..............getting an ibobber soon to map lake bottoms, maybe some deeper creek bottoms too.....if I map heritage, I'll send it to you...........................still gotta pair up with you someday!..........

We(Me, petew, and AJ)fished the overnight at heritage a couple weeks back. Fished off the dam. Each caught one carp, good size on all of them. I think heritage holds some surprisingly big carp for it's size. We have been doing more evening session during the heat wave are having.