Carp Anglers Group Forums
(MO) MOCarper

Fantastic new swim!!, great afternoon!!

Went to find some new swims, hoping the historic flooding in KC placed carp in some nearby ponds; some creeks had obviously flooded the ponds but cant find the fish............so, I found a new creek swim and WOW, in just a few hours, I caught 5 carp; 8-11, 11-3, 4-12, 15-11 and a great 17-0!!, some of the prettiest carp I've ever seen-great gold and red color, though none fought as hard as usual-I'm thinking they were fatigued from fighting the flood currents........saw dozens in this swim, which is maybe 100yards long and 20 yards across, but only 6-7 feet deep...........subtle bite technique...........trying to keep the same face....:D.

Common 8lb 11 oz July 30 2017.JPGCommon 11lb 3 oz July 30, 2017.JPGCommon 4lb 12oz  July 30 2017.JPGCommon 15lb 11oz July 30 2017.JPGCommon 17lb 0oz July 30 2017.JPG

Its always fun when a new swim pays off. Looks like you hit a gold mine! :)

Very cool. Discovering a new swim is really a special experience.

Nice going, Kirk.  Thanks for posting. I, too, love finding new locations.

Thanks all!......lots of fun........more so when I found another swim this afternoon, though not the size of yesterday's.....posting those in a minute.....................then back to work tomorrow...........