Carp Anglers Group Forums

New Missouri State Chair

Savayman

The BOD has voted to approve Kirk Suedmeyer as Missouri State Chair

A big thank you to Kirk for stepping up and if you live in Missouri or surrounding state please be sure to get in touch with him.

His application letter is below:

Dear Staff,

I would like to take this opportunity to be considered as the CAG State Chair for Missouri, which I understand is currently vacant. I am 56 years old, working as the Director of Animal Health for the Kansas City zoo for the past 25 years. I have been a member of CAG for almost one year; joining just after catching a large common carp that placed first in our businesses summer fishing contest. I am an enthusiastic pathologic fisherman, tirelessly catching a wide variety of species from every conceivable waterway, promoting catch and release to people of all ages. The common carp is worthy of the designation as a quality sport fish. I have recruited four members (family members) and encouraged another (MOCARP) to rejoin CAG. I have learned many things from members of CAG and would be privileged to serve the CAG members As State Chair, I will promote carp fishing throughout Missouri using the CAG objectives to elevate its status as a premier sport fish and recruit members.

It is my long term hope to work with colleagues I have with the Missouri Department of Conservation advocating carp as sportfish, increasing our knowledge of the fish and their role in the waterways of Missouri. With innumerable bodies of water, the state record common carp of 50lbs and grass carp at 69lbs, Missouri has the creeks, rivers and impoundments to provide anglers a ready source of carp that rivals most other states; and as our motto states; “Show Me”,  I believe Missouri CAG members will!!