Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sadly, last fall we had to say goodbye to the rescue dog we had for the past 10 years.  I recently discovered a sizable amount of her dry dog food still in the basement, so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how I could use it for carp fishing.  

It's a high-protein, low fat blend, so my first thought was to grind it in the food processor, and then maybe use it in a boilie mix.   This afternoon I did "process" it, and it yielded a full gallon bucket of pulverized dog food.   Unfortunately, the texture of the results didn't come out very fine.  In fact, the overall texture is fairly coarse, even without the small chunks that remain.  Bottom line, I'm not sure how well it would work in boilies.  My concern is that they may not hold together very well.

If, as I suspect, this doesn't work well for boilie making, does anyone have any other good ideas how I can use it?   I hate to waste that high protein mix for spodding, or even for use in method mix, but I will, unless someone gives me some better ideas.   Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Phil had some catfish food and canned corn (drained) that he wet slightly and made a packbait from it.  I checked it and it packed good and was a bit sticky.  He suggested I try this with a small batch of range cubes.