Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
FJR1

2 hours ago, Justin Von Hinkeldey said:

Sign me up

Justin--You have signed up for one or more of my events and never showed up.  If you are unable to attend, please let me know asap, so I can open a slot for the angler next on a potential waiting list.  Much appreciated.

Thanks for your interest.  Justin Von Hinkeldey is in! :yourock:
justin_vonhinkeldey.jpg

Participants, so far:
Anthony Hartung
Chad Bettisch
Cory Bohmann
Emilio Montoya
Mike Sabia
Chuck Ferczok
Ronnie Harding
Radu Volintir
Mike Olinger
Jeff Conroy
Walter Wheeler
Michael Zemeckis
Victor Zemeckis
Justin Von Hinkeldey

Frank Rink

Just one slot remains!

On 10/14/2017 at 6:39 AM, CHIBIGTEE said:

I’ll take that last spot. See you the 28th

Tracy Jourdan is in.  Thanks, Tracy!  :yourock:
tracy_kewaunee_tournament_2017.jpg

We are now full for October 28 as Tracy's entry competes the field of 16.  I will post reminders about tournament parameters once we get a bit closer to the event.  Best of luck to all!

Participants, so far:
Anthony Hartung
Chad Bettisch
Cory Bohmann
Emilio Montoya
Mike Sabia
Chuck Ferczok
Ronnie Harding
Radu Volintir
Mike Olinger
Jeff Conroy
Walter Wheeler
Michael Zemeckis
Victor Zemeckis
Justin Von Hinkeldey
Tracy Jourdan
Tony Stout

Frank Rink

The field is full and entries are now closed.

TROPHIES FOR ALL JOLIET TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONS

I've decided to award trophies to the Big 4 Champions of the following carp tournaments in Joliet:

October 28, 2017
November 11, 2017
November 25, 2017
December 9, 2017
December 31, 2017 - January 1, 2018

The usual medals will be awarded to the 2nd and 3rd place Big 4 winners, to the 1st and 2nd place Most Carp winners, and to the Specialty Event winner.

The first Championship trophy for October 28 is the smallest of the bunch, but it might be the nicest of the group. It's a 6", all metal, carp-themed trophy from the U.K.

trophy_102817_autumn_colors.jpg

A metal plate indicating you are the 10/28/17 Big 4 Champion along with the tournament name, date, and place will be installed prior to the event. Good luck! --Frank Rink, Joliet Fall 40's Tournaments organizer

On 10/16/2017 at 6:35 PM, JYB said:

Very nice Frank 

Thanks, Anthony.  Glad you can make it! --Frank

22713589_138105210164169_3279376918652058868_o.jpg

A few reminders for the October 28, 2017 "Autumn Colors" tournament at Joliet.

1.  The day will see a high of 45° and a low of 28° with the possibility of a few passing showers.  Be prepared!

2.  Peg choice is at 6:30 a.m. sharp at the lot just southwest of the Jefferson Street Bridge.  If you are late, you will have last choice of pegs.

3.  I will check the venue in the next day or so to determine whether or not the slip pegs (J-1, J-2) will be open.

4.  Entry for the Big 4 event is $20 with a $10 optional contest for most carp.  There will be 100% payout of entries, trophy for first, medals for other winners.

5.  Three rods will be allowed.  Mark your third rod with your name and address.

6.  Don't forget long-handled nets, unhooking mats, and your best carp care.  Please leave no trash at your peg.

7.  There will be three specialty events, and medals and a small bait/tackle prize will be awarded for first carp, last carp, and big catfish.

8.  Fishing is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m.  Do  not feed/chum until 7:30.  You may make one move to another peg at any time.

9.  Best of luck.  See you Saturday, October 28 at Joliet. --Frank

joliet_2012_101312_banner.jpg.6ff06bd9b9f24cd40d7b5446104081d9.jpg.3178182da0a4eb3c13f3168e2a0a75a0.jpg

Medals, trophy, and prizes are ready for the October 28 "Autumn Colors" Big 4 Tournament at Joliet. In addition to the usual awards, three specialty medals/prizes will be awarded: First Carp (Medal & Sticky Baits Krill Wafters), Last Carp (Medal & K-1 Sweet Nuts Dumbbells), Big Catfish (Medal & Red Ammo Corkball Wafters). Good luck!
medals_102817.jpg

Sorry guys, family plans just changed and won’t be able to make it. Good luck!

8 hours ago, CHIBIGTEE said:

Sorry guys, family plans just changed and won’t be able to make it. Good luck!

No problem.  Hope to see you in Nov. or Dec.

Participants, so far:
Anthony Hartung
Chad Bettisch
Cory Bohmann
Emilio Montoya
Chuck Ferczok
Ronnie Harding
Radu Volintir
Mike Olinger
Jeff Conroy
Walter Wheeler
Michael Zemeckis
Victor Zemeckis
Justin Von Hinkeldey
Tony Stout

Frank Rink

With some dropouts (Mike Sabia, Tracy Jourdan, Emilio Montoya) in the past 24 hours, openings are available if someone wants in at the last minute. Post here if interested.

I'll check the venue this afternoon for water conditions and make a decision about J-1/J-2 slip pegs. Good luck!

Participants, so far:
1 Anthony Hartung
2 Chad Bettisch
3 Cory Bohmann
4 Chuck Ferczok
5 Ronnie Harding
6 Radu Volintir
7 Mike Olinger
8 Jeff Conroy
9 Walter Wheeler
10 Michael Zemeckis
11 Victor Zemeckis
12 Justin Von Hinkeldey
13 Tony Stout

14 Frank Rink

No automatic alt text available.

medals_102817.jpg

With just over twelve hours to go before the start of the October 28, 2017 “Autumn Colors” Tournament, I just returned from Joliet and present the following decisions, suggestions, and observations:

1. When I visited the venue, the temperature was 41° with a brisk WSW wind. Tomorrow is supposed to be similar. Maybe I’m not used to winter weather yet, but the wind and the cold were brutal. I definitely suggest that you bring cold-weather gear and dress in layers.

2. The river level is just slightly high, but the water looks relatively clean (for Joliet). Current is about average and fluctuates with the status of the gates at the Brandon Lock. There are some fallen leaves floating by that might bump your line, but I noticed none of those floating grass mats. Consequently, all pegs are open, including J-1 and J-2. I think conditions will be good for some decent fishing, although I saw no fish surfacing while I was at the venue.

3. For those relatively new to the venue. I have two sets of peg suggestions for you. The end and bridge pegs usually hold fish better than middle pegs, so I would suggest 1, 8, 9, 16, 17, 22, 23, J-1, J-2, and J-3 as your top ten choices, although not necessarily in that order. Keep in mind that most of our end and bridge pegs are typically more snaggy than others. 

If you are looking for comfort and convenience (easy access to a warm, dry car), and you want a peg that allows you to watch your rods from your car, I would suggest pegs 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 14, 15, 16, J-1, J-2, J-3, J-4, J-5, J-6, J-7, J-8, J-9. Your choice!

There is a boat moored just to the left of peg 11, but I don’t know if it or others will be in any of our pegs tomorrow.

4. We’ve had three dropouts in the last 24 hours, so we are at 14 participants. My guess would be that some of you will experience the sub-freezing temps and windchills tomorrow morning and decide to stay home. I’m predicting 10-12 anglers present. The tournament will be held no matter how many anglers show up.

5. I set most peg flags this afternoon to save me some time in the morning, so feel free to survey them prior to the event if you can make your way through the dark and if the locals don’t remove them overnight. I'll bring maps of the pegs for those who need them.

6. Peg choice is at 6:30 a.m., sharp. If you arrive after that, you will have a choice of remaining pegs as there are no call-in choices. Do not feed/chum prior to 7:30 a.m. Three rods are allowed for fishing. The tournament is from 7:30 until 4:30, and we will meet back at the peg choice area after the event for awards. Drive safely. Good luck. —Frank

joliet_jackson_102717.jpg