• Announcements

Jerome

CAG Big 4 Rules - Fall 2017

Rules
Registration is open from Sep 21st until Midnight Oct 15th
Fall Big 4 Competition runs from Oct 1st through Nov 15th 2017
Must be a CAG Member to participate
Cost: $10

Only Common Carp, Cyprinus Carpio, Count for Big 4 Total, Big Mirror & Big Common

(Fall 2017: special prize for Big-6!)

Anglers can fish any combination of legal waters anywhere in North America
Anglers must register and manage their own catches and photos in our online leader board - Follow instructions posted under the leaderboard topic in this section.  Any number of fish can be added, but only the bigger ones count.

Submissions must include 1 photo-
-a trophy photo of the fish with angler, the scale used and a printed Big Four Logo shown below
All submissions must be made by Nov 15th (11.59pm)
Fish must be caught on rod using legal methods and be released safely
Live leader board will be displayed on the home page from Oct 1st through Nov 15th

Corresponding stories in the forum are encouraged and will be linked to the leader board
Catches logged at any other event will count, but all event requirements above must still be fulfilled

FISH SUBMISSIONS
Please make sure you are registered on the New CAG Leader-board.

You only have to register ONCE, if you've already registered, let's say for the ATC, then all you need to do is Log in and add the Big 4 event to your name.

Instructions on how to use the leader-board can be downloaded here:

Leaderboard Instructions

Any questions, e-mail Willem @ BIG4@JOINCAG.COM

The Logo

The logo will be posted in a separate thread. You are required to submit 1 photo of each fish you catch along with it's weight. This photo MUST show the angler holding the fish, a printed 2017 Sprin Big 4 logo, and your scale.

Remember, the star of these photos is you with your fish. Your photo may end up in a magazine! The logo and scale just need to be there somewhere to prove you have them. They can be anywhere in the photo as long as they are identifiable. The best way to manage this is to tape the logo to your scale:
scale.jpg

ex3.jpg

The Big 4 Logo is only 3.75 x 2.75." This is the size of many state/provincial fishing and hunting licenses. You can Also put your logo in a standard license holder from any tackle shop, and pin it on your clothes, or even your unhooking mat.

logolicense.jpg license.jpg

ex1.jpg

Just try not to put the logo in your mouth, that's not going to look good in a magazine!

The pdf link doesnt seem to work for me.  Last year I had a tough time getting on the board.  I paid today, anything else I need to do?

I don't believe the leaderboard is set up yet.

On 9/25/2017 at 11:30 AM, GenMoCarper said:

The pdf link doesnt seem to work for me.  Last year I had a tough time getting on the board.  I paid today, anything else I need to do?

Hm, you're right. I asked Willem to fix the link. 

And to add to Dave's point, the leaderboard will be up and running for the Big4 on Sep 30th, the evening before the event starts. To make sure people don't log fish ahead of time! ;-)

22 hours ago, Willem (JD) said:

Link to instructions should work now. Please give it a try

Yes, it does. Thanks, Willem.

Folks, please click here to find the instructions.

If you have trouble resetting your password, please PM me with your e-mail address used and and what you want the password to be, I'll then do it manually for you.

PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER WITH A NEW ADDRESS WHEN THE SYSTEM TELLS YOU THAT E_MAIL IS ALREADY REGISTERED / USED

You can check and see if you're properly on the leaderboard by following the "LIVE LEADERBOARD" tab at the TOP Left of the Forum pages.

When i try to get on leaderboard i get this, yet my name usnt there,

WoW!!!!!! You're already registered on the Leaderboard!!!! Please sign in or if you can't remember your password, Click the "Back to Login" button and then use the \"Forgot Password\" button to reset your password.

What resolution should our photos be for upload to the leaderboard?  There were issues in the spring with pics being to large.  It's easier to set my camera to the required resolution than converting them on my computer.

4 minutes ago, Brett Du Preez said:

What resolution should our photos be for upload to the leaderboard?  There were issues in the spring with pics being to large.  It's easier to set my camera to the required resolution than converting them on my computer.

Don't know the answer to your question, but if I were you, I would keep my camera in high-resolution... If you catch a monster or two, you'll be happy to have the pics in high-res for publication in the NACA, for your own archives, etc.

Right click on your high resolution photo & try emailing the photo to yourself. It should ask you what size image you want to send. (You don't even need to actually send just save the photo attachment that pops up in the body of the email.)

On 10/1/2017 at 10:45 AM, GenMoCarper said:

When i try to get on leaderboard i get this, yet my name usnt there,

WoW!!!!!! You're already registered on the Leaderboard!!!! Please sign in or if you can't remember your password, Click the "Back to Login" button and then use the \"Forgot Password\" button to reset your password.

It doesn't work over a phone-use a laptop.......go to live leaderboard and click at the bottom-you need to go up to the toolbar when it comes up-click events, go to the CAG Big Four Fall 2017 event, click on that, and you should get a green "Apply to event"- apply and that should do it! :P..........Kirk

A small yet important tweak to the rules ... Since the leaderboard computes the Big-6 in addition to the Big-4, well, we'll have a special prize for the winner of the Big-6 total.

So guys, do log more than 4 fish in there and keep fishing!!

LAST REMINDER!! 

Time to make good use of the leaderboard (click here)...

Fall Big 4 Competition runs from Oct 1st through Nov 15th 2017
[...]
Submissions must include 1 photo-
-a trophy photo of the fish with angler, the scale used and a printed Big Four Logo shown below
All submissions must be made by Nov 15th (11.59pm)