Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

team sorano

Throw back pic 06!

was going through some of my pictures and found this one.  To this day, it was the best trip I ever had.  I am posting bc I am seeing the forum getting little action.  It used to be active but, facebook and so on, kind of took over.  But, if it wasn't for this forum, I would have never met these top notch anglers and create memories.  Learn more about carp fishing.  This was all bc of CAG.  This forum.  

My good friend ed wagner called me up and said hey, we have a private fish in, come along.  You will fish with some great anglers.  I didnt sleep that night lol.  

I met some top carp anglers.  I even had the pleasure to fish with nigel.  The man, the myth, the legend.  I fished next to him for the last part of our trip.  And if you look at the second pic, you will see HALF OF OUR GEAR lol !!  That wasnt even all of it.  we had two boats worth lol.  CAG ROCKS.  

148690.jpg

148688.jpg

post-116-1160844775.jpg

post-116-1160843039.jpg

post-116-1160844808.jpg

Nice photo- good to recall the good ol' days.  2006?  I could use the first photo as a cover for the newsletter....if that is OK with you.  I recognized Ed in the plaid jacket, second from the right, back row.

Not convinced the forum decline is all down to facebook etc. This began when it became unfriendly towards non-members and people like Phone could no longer post in the bait section, for example. This is not a criticism, just an observation.

Edited by Alan

cannonball, go ahead.  Looking at the pic, I am to the "right" of ed with the green sweater.  Nigel, the man who basically started all this, is all the way to the left.  The guys in that pic are the originals.  The talent in that picture is crazy.  Not one amateur angler in that picture.  Id like a copy of that newsletter if you do it.  

Alan, I do understand what you are saying.  There was even a time where a certain person said that there were no real fisherman's on this forum.  No talent.  I won't go into detail why it was said.  I even printed out that page and may still have it somewhere.  It wasn't nice to say.  But its in the past.  

I would like to see some old members come back, more members and keep growing even more.  If long island didn't have so many meat eaters and fished out lakes, I would expand CAG to long island by doing fish in's but its not worth it.  Ed did an amazing job handling NY and the fish in's in queens, NY.  

team sorano, you should get the newsletter if you are a CAG member.

15 hours ago, Alan said:

Not convinced the forum decline is all down to facebook etc. This began when it became unfriendly towards non-members and people like Phone could no longer post in the bait section, for example. This is not a criticism, just an observation.

I can tell you there was an organized attempt to destroy CAG by elements in the Bfing community ..most CAGers I ever knew were friendly and giving freely of information

9 hours ago, team sorano said:

I would like to see some old members come back, more members and keep growing even more.    

I agree...with social media now it will be FAR easier than it was in the 90's even early 2000's

what happened to the guy called KCcarper was the Kansas state chair? I have been reaching out to a group in the St Louis area...they left CAG because of perceived lack of value...biggest on their list was needing events...thats the easy part....I would work with our state chair and personally call is I could and email if necessary to get the old gangs back together..

Someone needs to reach out to the old car members.  Bring the group back. 

Some nice words on a great weekend many years back..................................

can't believe it's been 11 years.......what a weekend !!!!

would do it again in a heartbeat ;)

271742835_06994e6db2_m.jpg

No carp on Long Island, Try Hempstead lake  full of carp......

P1011308LI.jpg

Pics are great brings back memories here locally