Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Savayman

CCC 2017 Results

The 2017 CCC took place on the Hudson River, NY this past weekend Sept 23rd.

Fish were caught in all three sections, 122 carp reported on scoresheets, with a total of 1425 lbs of carp weighed.

Prizes were awarded as follows:

First Fish: Mike Dragone (landed at 8:15am)

Big Fish (Carp King): Val Grimley 24lb 9oz

Big 4 (North American Carp Champion): Val Grimley 75lb 3oz

Total Weight: Jerome Moisand 199lb 3oz

Section Winners:

A: Mark Reece 73lb 6oz

B: Mike Dragone  74lb 7oz

C: Val Grimley (see above)

D: we had no section D, so we decided to give the award to Terry McGaw for his Big4 result of 70lb 1oz (4th place, and total weight of 190lb, 2nd place).

Only 4 anglers blanked... myself included :(

A huge thank you to Barry Howard who organised and ran the event (he even donated several prizes & baited the swims with over 300lbs of maize). Thank you to all the competitors especially those who traveled hundreds of miles to take part. Thank you to Deeper for donating the Deeper Pro + sonar & fish finder. Thank you to the Pegasus restaurant and their staff for hosting the Prize Giving & Feeding us so well!

We look forward to seeing you at the 2018 CCC event!

Edited by Savayman
Incorrect data input due to incompetence on my part!

I hate to get all pedantic on you Iain but the big four winner, and North American Carp Champion was Val Grimley (unless the results changed after the presentation??). Also, the section winners were determined by the big four fish, not total weight as listed here. Mike Dragone won B section not the overall big four. Apologies if the results did change after the presentation but if not I hope you haven't put yourself forward for the Treasurers position....Hahaha! Seriously though...thank you and all involved in putting together a great and successful carp angling event...

16 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I hate to get all pedantic on you Iain but the big four winner, and North American Carp Champion was Val Grimley (unless the results changed after the presentation??). Also, the section winners were determined by the big four fish, not total weight as listed here. Mike Dragone won B section not the overall big four. Apologies if the results did change after the presentation but if not I hope you haven't put yourself forward for the Treasurers position....Hahaha! Seriously though...thank you and all involved in putting together a great and successful carp angling event...

You have a lot of REALLY good points here. Including Iain BEING BANNED from any treasurer position from now on... :lol:

So let me reiterate...

The 2017 CCC took place on the Hudson River, NY this past weekend, on Sep 23rd.

Fish were caught in all three sections, 122 carp reported on scoresheets, with a total of 1425 lbs of carp weighed.

Prizes were awarded as follows:

First Fish: Mike Dragone (landed at 8:15am)

Big Fish (Carp King): Val Grimley 24lb 9oz

Big 4 (North American Carp Champion): Val Grimley 75lb 3oz

Total Weight: Jerome Moisand 199lb 3oz

Section Winners:

A: Mark Reece 73lb 6oz

B: Mike Dragone  74lb 7oz

C: Val Grimley (see above)

D: we had no section D, so we decided to give the award to Terry McGaw for his Big4 result of 70lb 1oz (4th place, and total weight of 190lb, 2nd place).

Only 4 anglers blanked... Iain included. Oh, and I landed 18 fish. ^_^

9 hours ago, maninblack said:

Apologies... I was trying to work from our Treasurers spreadsheet and a fading memory that was struggling with the overwhelming shame of a blank.

2 hours ago, Savayman said:

Apologies... I was trying to work from our Treasurers spreadsheet and a fading memory that was struggling with the overwhelming shame of a blank.

Hit me up if you ever need any carp fishing tips.....:lol:

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

Hit me up if you ever need any carp fishing tips.....:lol:

Hopefully it will never get that bad... ;)

On the positive I have some suggestions for your next article:

Relieving neck ache when carp angling.

Interesting things to do when blanking.

Netboy for the day.

A change of direction...Re-evaluating the golf experience...

:lol: Ok...that's enough from me...it happens to us all...I went from winning the Ed French one year to almost dead last the following year...that's fishing!

WTG to everyone involved, congrats to the winners

and a very big thanks to Barry in organizing the CCC :)