Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

FishGuyJosh

A quick introduction and my PB carp

Greetings everyone. I joined CAG around the start of the Spring Big Four, and I've been lurking around ever since. So I thought I'd do a quick introduction to say hi. I'm a California carper out in the San Francisco Bay Area. My forum name comes from the fact that I do ANYTHING that has to do fish: marine biologist, fisheries scientist, angler, spear-fisherman, scuba diver, and native fish enthusiast. Oh and I drive an aquarium on wheels for a living!

I began carp fishing not quite 2 years ago when I met a buddy originally from England who started showing me the ropes. I've been hooked ever since! Carping has really come to the forefront of my angling targets since this last spring. I've had a great time being a CAG member so far, met some great people, and I had a blast entering my first Big Four in the spring. Here's hoping for many more posts in the future and a few pics of my current PB 25 lb carp, along with a few more that cemented my interest in carping. It was so rewarding to land these fish after scouting, watching, striking out, and finally finding the right area of the swim. Thanks!

25 lb Common.jpg

16 lb Common.jpg

17 lb Common.jpg

Welcome on board and great to have some more scientifically qualified folk!

Welcome and congratulations Josh!!......

On 9/28/2017 at 1:58 PM, FishGuyJosh said:

Oh and I drive an aquarium on wheels for a living!

Really? Mind elaborating? And maybe post a pic or two?

2 hours ago, Jerome said:

Really? Mind elaborating? And maybe post a pic or two?

Yeah sure! I work for the East Bay Regional Park District in the SF Bay area. Part of my job entails fisheries surveys and management, and the other part is serving as curator for all of the District's aquariums. This includes our 1500 gallon Mobile Fish Exhibit that we take to local elementary schools and special events. When the fish aren't on the road they are housed in our aquarium lab that I manage. The collection consists of freshwater fish (native and nonnative) of the greater Bay area.

DSC_4476.JPG

DSC_6030.JPG

DSC_2723.JPG

mfepic.jpeg

Cool job!  Welcome aboard.

What a job!  Captain D's on  wheels?  I'm intrigued by the looks on the faces of the kids.  May be the only time they have seen a fish up close and their environment.  Welcome to the forum.

That's so cool! I've wanted to be a fisheries biologist. What is it like?

Sometimes it's incredibly exciting like electro-fishing up huge bass and carp However, other times it's incredibly boring and a lot of research, writing, and reporting. Fortunately the aquarium portion of my job means I get to leave the boring stuff up to otehr people, lol!