Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Jerome

BIG 4 Fall 2017 - Bragging Thread

Feel free to brag on this thread with the big ones you landed during the Big4 Fall 2017 event...

I actually started with a bang today, with a 32-4lb biggie, and a 34lb super biggie landed later in the day. Only problem, I didn't have a printed copy of the Big4 logo, so... I claim bragging rights, but will not log those fish on the leaderboard. That is, unless I catch them again tomorrow!

IMG_2685.JPG

IMG_2694.JPG

Whew!!!!......keep doing that Jerome!!!.......makes mine look more important!!!..... :P

Here's the two best of this afternoons fish!, a 12-6 and 15-1, the latter of which appears to be a beatin-up spawner...also got an 8-6, 8-0 and 6-15, but lost three!-two to snag and one at the bank, but also caught 5 channel cats up to 10 lbs (not pictured cause I don't like catchin-em

CAG Big Four Fall 2017 12lb 6oz..JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 15lb 1oz.JPG

CAG Big Four Fall 2017 8lb 6oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 8lb 0z.JPGCAG Big four Fall 2017 6lb 15oz.JPG

My meager Big 4 catches will be inconsequential within the next couple of days or hours, but I always like to try to get something on the board early to . . .
. . . 1. help motivate more entries into the CAG Big 4.
. . . 2. help motivate CAG anglers 
to get out there and fish.
. . . 3. help enhance awareness that CAG’s Big 4 event has begun!

Registration runs to October 15. Calendar parameters for fishing are from now until November 15. Are you in? Thanks for your consideration! —Frank 

No matter what the size, my October 1catches are on the CAG Big 4 Board with a 10-0, 10-1, and 7-6 caught at the Chicago River. They won't even come close to denting the Big 4 contest when it's all said and done, but the early pre-8:00 a.m. catches on the first day of the event were fun.

p.s. Don't forget that photos of you and your carp must include your scale and the 2017 Big 4 Logo (downloadable on the CAG forum).

22096104_133814050593285_719562361599527287_o.jpg
22051331_133814303926593_2533474121257522373_o.jpg
22179859_133814340593256_2586747162847749229_o.jpg

Ok, after my mishap yesterday, I started to catch up today... Here is a great brace, 27lb and 26-8lb (see official pics on the leaderboard)...

IMG_2706.JPG

And a while later, a fish drove me left and right for quite a while, it turned out to be a very long and very muscular 38 pounder... Now I didn't catch a fish like that in a while... Unfortunately, the kid who took the pictures wasn't the best photographer, oh well... Those fish are incredibly thick, side pics do not do them justice at all! I'll try again tomorrow.

IMG_2716.JPG

Congrats Jerome!!........give the rest of us a chance!.... :).....Is that the Connecticut river?..........I'm already way behind ya!!........tonights creek catch- a really nice, thick 14-4.........really nice orange cheek patches!!-hadn't seen that before.....

CAG Big Four Fall 2017 14lb 4 oz..JPGCag_big_four_fall_2017_close-up_of_carp_face.JPG

I added a few more pounds to the Big-4 today, with two 30+, this brings me to 130lb, not too shabby... Two more days of fishing to try to round up the numbers, and I'll leave space for the other folks to catch up if they can... LOL

Here is a pic to give you an idea of how thick the fish I logged are... Very well fed to say the least, and all natural food (shore is littered with small clams, mussels, crayfish, etc)...

PA030028.JPG

PS. not the CT river, another big river... One pretty much untapped by CAG members, as far as I know...

Nice job, Jerome.  You pretty much killed any more registrations in the Big 4 contest with those catches:lol:.

Just kidding.  Those achievements will be motivating factors for those in your neck of the woods and in the south.  I also know of a few midstate Illinois anglers going to Dale Hollow in a month and they'll be doing their best to catch you.

Nice work in setting a high bar early! --Frank

p.s. Don't blame the photographer for making that 38 pounder look like a mid-20.  Knowing how to hold and position those fish plays a big part in providing an accurate depiction 
:P.

Oh yeah, this is all very beatable in numerous venues in the US. Even if I added a few more pounds today! ^_^

And agreed about the photographer... I was having troubles with my regular camera, and was very grateful for those kids to come to take a quick pic with my smartphone... I still wish I had taken more time to tell them how to take a better pic (and to pose better myself!), oh well, this is my mistake.

I haven't found the "sweet" spot for 20s and 30s, but I'm just a newbie!...............tried out the local lake last night in the rain, all with hair rigs and my first attempts at home- made pop-up boilies! One very large channel cat, then these 3- tiny carp!- 3-11, 9-12, and 3-5.......still fun to catch!!.....If I position the fish just right, the 9lbr looks more like a 15!, but alas...not to be.......and none as thick as Jeromes!!............(and this really can't count as "bragging":P

IMG_4633.JPG

IMG_4639.JPG

IMG_4644.JPG

Well, the full moon jinxed the day today, or at least this is my excuse. Didn't catch anything sizable, darn it. I did catch this huge beast, but forgot to take a legit pic with the logo and all, so I have to disqualify it... :rolleyes:

IMG_2745.jpg

Welllllllll the moon cooperated with me tonight!- 9 fish in 4 hours and averaged just a tad larger........AND all on hair rigs! tied as blowback rigs and using a 30g method feeder with bread crumb, strawberry jello, birdseed and creamed sweet corn mix on two poles, and one with a homemade boilee!- crushed wheat, strawberry, flour, egg, and 30-45 seconds in the microwave makes em a pop-up...., 4-2,14-3, 8-1, 6-1, 14-0, 14-10, 2-11, 4-1 and 12-4......the 8-1 and 6-1 were a double, with the third pole in the water....I just prayed not a triple!!!........Simply not going to catch Jerome!!

CAG Big Four Fall 2017 4lb 2oz.JPGCAG BIG Four Fall 2017 14lb 3 oz.JPGCag Big Four Fall 2017 8lb 1oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 6lb 1 oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 14lb 0oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 14lb 10oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 2lb 11oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 4lb 1oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 12lb 4 oz.JPG

This is my biggest from this weekend's CAG Ohio fish in. 21.10

image.jpeg

That is a VERY nice fish!!!- Great job!!!!........

........and then there's days like this..............a set of three fish, 10, 11 and 14-10, but then the bottom fell out last night!- 6 fish, but only 7-2, 4-3, 3-11, 3-5, 2-11 and 5-3......in the same spot, same set-up, same chum, etc........ugghhhhhhh!!!!....only comfort was I lost no rigs, caught all on home made boilees on a pop-up blowback rig, and the last two was a double.......-didn't even make one nice fish combining them!....ugghhhhhh again, but fun fishing anyway!....I think once I find big-carp waters, I'll do a little better!!........

IMG_4788.JPGIMG_4792.JPGIMG_4781.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 7lb 2oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 4lb 3 oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 3lb 11oz.JPGCAG Big For Fall 2017 3lb 5oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 2lb 11oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 5lb 3 oz.JPG

.......followed by a nicer day today-at a lake I had only caught a couple grass carp, but today this nice 16-0lbr followed by a smaller 6-14........

CAG Big Four Fall 2017 16lbs 0oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 6lb 14oz.JPG

I've been finding some decent success fishing after dark, something I seem to do more and more of as it gets dark earlier and earlier.  Here are the two biggest from the last couple of nights at 21 ande 19 lbs.  Hope to get some bigger than this in the coming weeks.

Man, always tough to get a good night photo.

004 (640x480).jpg003 (640x480).jpg

SSSSOOOOO??? I suspect a few participants are being cagey with some biggies they landed... Come on, spill the beans! ;)

Sooooooooo......I'm not bragging, and certainly not hiding any "biggies", but here's this afternoons fish.....I say afternoon cause that's when we started catching them.......Kevin (Zirjacks), AJ, and I spent 5 hours with only a single carp by Kevin, then I hooked 4, landed 3........12-5, 14-1 and 11-15......just not biggies, but lots of fun and great company!.....good luck all!!!

CAG Big four fall 2017 12lb 5ozb.jpgCAG Big Four Fall 2017 14lb 1oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 11lb 15oz.JPG

40 minutes ago, MOCarper said:

Sooooooooo......I'm not bragging, and certainly not hiding any "biggies", but here's this afternoons fish.....I say afternoon cause that's when we started catching them.......Kevin (Zirjacks), AJ, and I spent 5 hours with only a single carp by Kevin, then I hooked 4, landed 3........12-5, 14-1 and 11-15......just not biggies, but lots of fun and great company!.....good luck all!!!

CAG Big four fall 2017 12lb 5ozb.jpgCAG Big Four Fall 2017 14lb 1oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 11lb 15oz.JPG

Today was tough, but you saved it with those two last minute fish!! 

.....and topped off the evening with this 12-6......local lake where I caught my PB 33lbr, but alas, not to be tonight...................CAG Big Four Fall 2017 12lb 6ozb.jpg

.................ok, so a little braggin!- finally broke 20lbs with a 23-1!!!........what a fight as well!!........and then, well.....babies are carp too!....Caught this 13-0, 17-14, 11-8, 6-9, then the 23-1, and 1-4, and 1-4-twins!!....oh, and one turtle!!...............:D

CAG Big Four Fall 2017 13lb 0oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 17lb 14ozb.jpgCAG Big Four fall 2017 11lb 8 ozb.jpgCAG Big Four Fall 2017 6lb 9ozb.jpgCAG Big Four Fall 2017 23lb 1 oz.JPGCAG Big Four Fall 2017 1lb 4ozb.jpgCAG Big Four Fall 2017b 1lb 4ozc.jpg

........another great day!......8 fish topping 91lbs!!......topped by these two nice ones......16-3 and 21-3!!.....very thick fish!!........spent the day with two elite carpers, Kevin (Zirjacks) and Pete-.....learning lots and applying all!!!...We caught about 15 fish today    New swim tomorrow!!!............half-way to another 1,000lbs!!..

CAG Big Four Fall 2017 16lb 3oza.jpgCAG Big Four Fall 2017 21lb 3oz edited background.jpg

12 hours ago, MOCarper said:

........another great day!......8 fish topping 91lbs!!......topped by these two nice ones......16-3 and 21-3!!.....very thick fish!!........spent the day with two elite carpers, Kevin (Zirjacks) and Pete-.....learning lots and applying all!!!...We caught about 15 fish today    New swim tomorrow!!!............half-way to another 1,000lbs!!..

"Elite" is a stretch! Haha! "Pretty decent" maybe. Congrats on hitting 500lbs!:o