Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Savayman

CT CAG Fall Fish-In Sat Nov 11th 2017

We are aiming to hold a fish-in for CAG members on Saturday Nov 11th at Harbor Park, Middletown.

Details to follow but please let me know who is interested.

If there are spaces available then we'll open it up to non members.

I'll be there

Sorry, this is the exact week where I'll be traveling West... Have fun, guys.

So far we have...

Roy Haney

Jordan Brown

Fran Slasinski

Blake Carlson

Steve Clow

Norman Finke 

Iain Sorrell

I have a couple more who are waiting to confirm...

Edited by Savayman

Since I'm still on the east coast after all... Iain, please add my name as tentative... At what time would we start?

I’ll be posting details for the fish in Tuesday.

Roy Haney

Jordan Brown

Fran Slasinski

Blake Carlson

Steve Clow

Norman Finke 

Iain Sorrell

Phil Nathan

Mike Hudak

Jerome Mosiand

We should have room for a couple more... if you cannot make it please let me know so we can offer spaces to others.

Tides for Saturday Nov 11th are as follows:

High: 6:59am Low: 2:15pm High: 7:30pm

It will be an outgoing tide in the morning and usually that does not fish so well so I would suggest that there is no rush to be there early... how does 9am sound?

With no more rain in the forecast I'm hoping that the river flows will continue to drop and be back to near normal by the weekend.

We'll limit rods to two per angler to keep things simple and to help minimize crossed lines etc.

If you have a long handled net, drop net or other set up for landing fish from the wall (6-8') please bring it! 

I will post a parking map & directions tomorrow but for those familiar with the venue PLEASE DO NOT park in the area around the Canoe Club Restaurant. This is private parking. 

19 hours ago, Savayman said:

We should have room for a couple more... if you cannot make it please let me know so we can offer spaces to others.

I don't think I'll make it... Don't hesitate to give my spot to somebody else.

The Fishing Factory III in Middletown is offering fish in participants 20% off Carp tackle & bait. Stop by and see them!

• Saturday 6:00 AM - 4:00 PM
  • Sunday 6:00 AM - 1:00 PM

https://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS717US717&hl=en-US&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&entry=s&sa=X&ftid=0x89e64a6b43bb84e7:0x12f6a1cdf416843a&gmm=CgIgAQ%3D%3D

Final count for Saturday

Roy Haney

Jordan Brown

Fran Slasinski

Blake Carlson

Steve Clow

Norman Finke 

Iain Sorrell

Phil Nathan

Mike Hudak

Jimmy Ayala

So please take note of the parking areas... Parking off Harbor Drive is limited to the small area shown. You can also use the large lot off  Melili Plaza. There is an underpass with a ramp that will take you to the park.

Please do not use the area next to the Canoe Club Restaurant.

Harbor Park.jpg

A good turnout despite the frigid conditions... sadly the fish didn’t cooperate. A few fish showed but declined to pick up a bait. 

BB0C002F-80C4-460C-B62A-5DA36616F0BA.jpeg

1D8D993A-49F1-43C3-9737-556EAE37A858.jpeg

1491B78C-B4C6-4964-ABD2-2681992BCD56.jpeg

9B64F388-0540-4FB9-973D-ACD9E1C82CCE.jpeg

41A08C3E-B933-4BFD-9BE3-CAE59686300B.jpeg

Thanks for the reply.....   A friend and I tried our luck also on Saturday.  We were also on the river, but more north.  We fished an area that had given us great results prior to the big flow and cold temps.  Unfortunately, our results were the same as yours.  We saw some activity early when we arrived but no takers in 10 hours.  Cant say we didn't try.....

great effort by all you guys.

Thanks 

You guys are a hardy bunch! Great try.  Seems like that severe, all of a sudden cold has shut things down in New England.

Nice photos.

2 hours ago, pickerd said:

You guys are a hardy bunch! Great try.  Seems like that severe, all of a sudden cold has shut things down in New England.

Nice photos.

Water temps were 47-48F (high for this time of year) so I was still hopeful of one or two being caught especially when we saw several fish over the baits late in the pm.  I think the sudden cold and high pressure killed it. 

Take heart all!!1- We have had 19 straight days of below normal temps with water temps plummeting to upper 40s to low 50s and it SHUT US DOWN!!.......we did catch 4 creek cap today and all four were just as round as they were long-very hefty fish, bout 11-13lbs or so.................