Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Last week I went on a vacation with my parents on a private riverside cabin.. the carp madness that followed made this the best session of my life! We arrived at the cabin for the weekend and I immediately began by chumming 2.5 gallons of particle bait. The sun set behind the woods on the opposite bank, and I entered my bivvy ready for my first night session ever...

Carp1.JPG.9e1c269d6ba9fbe4e237ba2e25c7aa46.JPG

This 18 pound beauty so rudely disturbed me at 3:00 AM... I was having my favorite dream, where I'm on a weekend vacation and get to fish for carp the whole time. Oh wait..

The river went quiet for the remainder of the night, and I thankfully got some sleep. Little did I know how much I'd need it for the coming day..

Carp2.JPG.d1efc3a786a5d4158fb52401bcd6b36d.JPG

Around 9:00 AM my cygnet grand sniper pod almost dove into the river, all thanks to this cracking 19 pound common. Midway through the battle with this one, my other rod set off..Carp3.JPG.adbcd792a031843b0ff7954d3e57f1ae.JPG

Thanks to this other high double, my lines crossed multiple times. It's almost like they were communicating, "how do we mess with him the most?!" 

Carp4.JPG.8ae48cd4998e34630742626f7e92d77b.JPG

I reeled the rods in and took a short break to eat breakfast, and then fed the fish another 2.5 gallons of particle. I was soon rewarded with this immaculate 20.. I love it when they put their dorsal up!

Of course, this vacation wasn't just about fishing... my family and I decided to do some sightseeing and returned to the cabin around sunset. With the final minutes of daylight I chummed the final gallon of particle I had brought with me, and set up my sleeping bag. I was in for the craziest 45 minutes of my life.

I lay down in my bivvy, exhausted from a long day of battling carp and hiking in the poconos. As soon as I begin to fall asleep, my fishy friends decide it would be a good time to set off a rod.. 

Carp5.JPG.2e7ccaea1ef7defdd945dd9af33269f5.JPG

This 30 certainly helped boost the average size! I couldn't believe my luck! on the last night of the trip, I was blessed with this gorgeous carp. As I posed for the above picture my shallower rod ripped off, almost entering the swift current of the river below.. I set the fish into the water and sprinted toward my rod pod.

Carp6.JPG.86d88faf14b3527ba6f588ebc33cc235.JPG

Despite being the smallest fish of the session at only 14 pounds, it fought as though it was a state record. Sometimes, the smallest carp put up the biggest scrap! I released it, satisfied with my weekend of fun. I returned to the bivvy, made my sleeping bag and lay down for a nights rest. "Not so fast!" as my rod pod proved to me a mere 10 minutes later. I sprung out of the sleeping bag and, with it still zipped around my legs, hopped down to the pod and began the legendary fight that ensued. I use a big pit reel with 500 yards of 30 pound test braided line, and this fish pulled the line down further than I had ever seen it. I lost track of the time, and I began to tremble from the excitement of what could be on my line. As the fish broke the surface, suddenly everything became more serious. I scooped the net up to reveal my second largest carp to date...

Carp7.PNG.bdf84a5a909b1f0baf5e7a5ba59cf7f3.PNG

Clocking in at a whopping 34 pounds, this common came only ONE POUND AWAY from breaking my PB! I couldn't believe it. This past weekend session has been the best I have ever experienced. Let's just say that I'll be returning to the cabin again, to catch many more immaculate carp!! ;) 

Wow, this kid can fish!

Congrats on some GREAT fish.

You could do some real damage in our Big 4 Tournament!

WOW.........and again..............WOW!!!!.........that is one great session!!!!!!......wish we had had the weather hold-still not getting into the 50s.............fishing's shut down so I'll live vicariously through you!!!....................

great fish i need a vacation session like this one day

Great trip, fish, pictures, and write up! Very impressive. Congrats on having it all come together .

Dang, great session ! 

#victorycoffee !

Young fellow, it seems to me that you should write an article for a carp magazine... Not only did you catch amazing fish, but you also write well...

If interested, send an e-mail to naca@carpanglersgroup.com...

IMG_1378.thumb.PNG.879bf7b6ea4e8a22c1c48409b86dbefb.PNG

20 hours ago, Jerome said:

Young fellow, it seems to me that you should write an article for a carp magazine... Not only did you catch amazing fish, but you also write well...

If interested, send an e-mail to naca@carpanglersgroup.com...

hmm.. just tried and I got this error

1 hour ago, Lizardman529 said:

hmm.. just tried and I got this error

Hm, sorry about that. Will make sure this is fixed.

Please send me an e-mail at <jmoisand@gmail.com> and I'll give you a direct contact.

Ryan has said he will be writing something for our next issue!

And the NACA email is now working :)

naca@carpanglersgroup.com 

We are always looking for new articles and fishing reports - especially from our younger anglers!