Carp Anglers Group Forums
Jerome

CAG Big 4 Results - Fall 2017

I'll issue a better formatted post later on, but here is a snapshot of the leaderboard, sorted by Big4 combined weight.  Click on the image to see a larger version. Well, it seems that I won a few prizes! B)

As to the big mirror, it was won by Craig Welch with a beautiful 30-9lb fully scaled. Congratulations to all participants!

Final Leaderboard Big4 Fall 2017.jpg

Congrats to Jerome, Craig, and all who made the Top 10!  Big thanks to Jerome for running the event and to CAG for the opportunity.  Well done!  --Frank Rink

By the way, I just figured out that Craig Welch wrote a great article on his session at Dale Hollow where he landed most of the fish that made up his impressive score. A truly excellent read.

Here is the list of winners in a nicer format, a certificate that you can print, frame and put on the wall... First, the Big4 winners.

Slide01.jpg Slide02.jpg Slide03.jpg Slide04.jpg Slide05.jpg Slide06.jpg Slide07.jpg Slide08.jpg Slide09.jpg Slide10.jpg

And next, the special prizes. Congratulations to all winners!

Slide11.jpg

Slide12.jpg

Slide13.jpg

VERY NICELY DONE!!!!....Congrats to all participants, to Jerome for running the event and producing the certificates!!!!; and to CAG, its members, supporters, and volunteers for a job well-done!!- On to the FFF!!!!!!!!...

PS- I really want to try the ATC-any takers for a pairing?......   :)............   

Congrats to all who entered. It was a fun event as always, lots of stunning fish caught!

Nice job to all who entered.  And, a big thanks to Jerome for running this.  Without his effort there would have been no Fall Big 4.

The BCT account of all winners should have been credited by the proper amount by now, according to the prize list documented in this post:

http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/index.php?/topic/57779-cag-big-4-prizes-fall-2017/&do=findComment&comment=731250

If you notice anything strange, or didn't receive an e-mail notice from BCT, please let me know.

23 hours ago, MOCarper said:

VERY NICELY DONE!!!!....Congrats to all participants, to Jerome for running the event and producing the certificates!!!!; and to CAG, its members, supporters, and volunteers for a job well-done!!- On to the FFF!!!!!!!!...

PS- I really want to try the ATC-any takers for a pairing?......   :)............   

Just for clarification purposes, the certificates were produced by Mrs. Moisand and a last-minute volunteer, but thanks, again, to Jerome for taking on the event this year and congrats to Jerome for winning most of the prizes. :yourock:

3 minutes ago, FJR1 said:

Just for clarification purposes, the certificates were produced by Mrs. Moisand and a last-minute volunteer, but thanks, again, to Jerome for taking on the event this year and congrats to Jerome for winning most of the prizes. :yourock:

LOL, and here I was hoping to get all the credit... Just kidding. Yes, Frank, you'll get full credit in the coming NACA, I just sent the corresponding write-up to Iain. Many thanks for your help, this design was really cool. 

If any of our Fall Big 4 contestants would like to submit their big fish for the upcoming NACA please email them to me no later than Sunday Nov 19th!

Please email to: naca@carpanglersgroup.com

3 hours ago, Todd Richer_7193 said:

What is the reason we do not showcase all of the fish entered in the contest within a "Final Results" post??    

The pics on the leaderboard are compressed to a very small size, and I don't have access to the originals. You're welcome to post on the 'bragging thread'. Oh wait, you did! ;-)

I understand that the pix on the LB are compressed to small size, but this year  I have been unable to view even those small pix.  When I click on somebodies name, it just says  "loading".

Even under my own name....   no pix.    I don't believe I'm alone here..   Or am I???  Is anyone else having this issue?

But back to my original question...     I would think that  CAG not posting all of the fish entered onto a  "Final Wrap up Post " for one of its premier contests is really a missed opportunity.

I cannot think of a better way for our club/group to showcase itself to the masses than by posting all of the great catches made by our members throughout the country.  Maybe I am being naïve, and this is a lot more work than I realize or it is just not feasible/ possible  for this current forum format.   Either way, please receive my comments as just that...comments. As I am not knocking or complaining about all the work you and everybody else has done to put this contest together.   

Thanks

Todd

Agreed Todd!

I have also had this issue with reviewing the pictures. Not sure what the issue was. I think it is a great idea to post those pictures!.....Not sure if the burden would strain an already strained volunteer staff though.................thoughts all?.........

PS- congrats again Todd on your CAG results!- very impressive!!!...as well as all the other contestants!!!

15 hours ago, Savayman said:

If any of our Fall Big 4 contestants would like to submit their big fish for the upcoming NACA please email them to me no later than Sunday Nov 19th!

Please email to: naca@carpanglersgroup.com

PM sent

Todd, I hear you, and yes, the Leaderboard had issues this year, and Willem has been a bit stumped about the root cause of the problem. As an admin, I could access the leaderboard while being able to see the (compressed) pics and sort by columns, but as a regular user, I had the same "loading" issue as you did.

I just don't know how to address your request, except ask the contestants to post their own pics in the bragging thread, and/or to send their favorite pic to the NACA editor, as suggested in the previous post. 

Thinking more about it, there is a little something I could easily do. I forwarded to NACA editor the pics from contestants I received by e-mail (folks having troubles with PNG to JPG conversion). Who happen to be #3 and #4 in the ranking. So Todd, if you could please send your own best pic (in high resolution) to the NACA editor, I think we'll be all set.

ok Jerome I did send the pix. 

Hopefully someday we can get everybody's pix posted even if they did not place in the top spots.  (that was what I was referring to originally)

Thanks for the additional effort.

Thanks to those who sent photos for the NACA. I've had to crop a couple and hopefully they will look fine when published.