Carp Anglers Group Forums
FJR1

FFF 2018 - Post ALL Carp Entries/Captures here!

FFF 2018 - Post ALL Carp Entries/Captures here!

FFF_2018_logo.jpg

This “FFF 2018 - Post ALL Carp Entries/Captures here!” thread is where you will officially post all of your photos/entries of FFF 2018 carp captures.

1. The photos posted on this thread and only this thread will determine all Hall of Fame recipients (those who catch a carp by 6:00 a.m. on January 1) and all the winners of the fishing award categories (First Carp of 2018, Monster (Heaviest Carp), Baby (Smallest Carp), Emperor (Highest Total Weight), Prince (Highest Total Weight for a Junior of 17 years or under), and Scubadoc (Heaviest Mirror or Leather)).

2.  Both the successful angler and the captured fish must be pictured in each photo/entry you submit. If you are fishing alone, you’ll need long arms for a “selfie” or a camera with a timer. Angler with his/her carp must be indentifiable in the photo.  In other words, we must be able to see your face and the fish in the photo.

3.  Please submit only one photo/entry per post. In other words, if you have 10 fish photos to submit, please submit them in 10 separate posts. This will keep your caption information concise and without confusion. You can make your posts at varied times if you wish, as long as they are all posted by the FFF 2018 deadline by 1:00 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, January 4, 2018.  Please be careful that you don't post duplicate entries of the same fish.

3. Please type within each photo’s post the following caption information: 
A. Your name (first and last). 
B. The weight of the captured carp in pounds and ounces. If it’s a mirror, let me know.
C. The time of the capture (when the carp was safely in the net). Please include the AM or PM designations when reporting time.

4. To provide further verification of the First Fish and Hall of Fame awards and to provide verification that all entered carp were caught on 1/1/18, I encourage you to use the time-stamp/date-stamp option on your camera when a photo of you and your fish is taken. Make sure the camera's date and time settings are accurate before you begin fishing.

However, if you don't activate the time/date-stamp, or if your camera doesn’t allow that option, your entry will still be accepted. This is CAG. We have faith in the honor system, and we have faith in your honesty and integrity.

5. The best way to post a photo is to drag it to the the bottom of each posting window or to choose a file as indicated at the bottom of each posting window.

If you are having problems with the photo posting options, I will take your photo and caption information via e-mail and post the photo for you.  However, you should know how to post photos on the forum, so please don’t abuse this option. E-mail me at fjrink@comcast.net or pm me at FJR1.  I'll need your e-mailed entries at least two hours before the January 4 deadline to allow me to process and post the pictures by the posting deadline: 1:00 p.m. EST, Noon CST, 11:00 a.m. MST, 10:00 a.m. PST.

6.  Every and all fishing award entries must be posted on this thread by 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (that’s Noon Central, 11 AM Mountain, 10 AM Pacific) on Thursday, January 4, 2018.  No exceptions!

I'm not going to nag you about posting carp entries and posting them on time. That's your call and your responsibility.  If you post an entry after the deadline, your entry will not count!

In addition, there are those who may decide not to post when they see that their entry will be beaten by another.  This FFF 2018 is transparent because all of us can see the entries on this thread in real time.  Just keep in mind that there are 46 separate cash  awards in addition to certificates and Hall of Fame designations.  I am also sure that your fellow CAG members would love to see photos of your FFF 2018 results, no matter where you stand in the prize contest. 

I primarily volunteered to coordinate FFF so it wouldn't die and so anglers would have an opportunity to continue participation in this popular CAG event.  The participation statistics and numbers comparisons to past and future years are all secondary and of little importance to me.  If you post your FFF 2018 fish/photos, I thank you and appreciate your willingness to participate in the true spirit of the First Fishing Folly experience.  If you opt not to post, that's your call. I respect your posting decision either way.

Please see the carp submission sample on the next post. Don't forget to register for FFF 2018 by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, December 31, 2017Registering much earlier than that, like right now, is always appreciated. Thanks.—Frank Rink, FFF 2018 Coordinator

Click Here for Registration Details for FFF 2018!
Click here for Detailed Rules for FFF 2018
Click here for a List of Award Categories and Prizes for FFF 2018

Example -- Posting an entry for CAG's First Fishing Folly (Make sure you use a separate post for each fish/entry you submit.):

fff2015_jimrink_0910_244am.jpg

Jim Rink
9 pounds, 10 ounces
2:44 AM

Thanks Frank!! It isn't in the rules, but it might be good for anglers to include where they are fishin?- I put it at the bottom of my post...

IMG_6114.JPG

Wm. Kirk Suedmeyer

6lbs 3oz

1:42 AM

Kansas City

Air temp 22 with the wind chill. 11:15 am lovely Common of 16lb 8oz

D0CB4978-5EE6-4DFD-B184-3FE030EB1FB6.jpeg

12:00 pm still 22 with the wind chill. New Common PB at 31lb 

9D656B89-7504-4979-A32B-7B3BE23B81E1.jpeg

4 hours ago, Keith said:

Please post entries with the following information:
B. The weight of the captured carp in pounds and ounces. If it’s a mirror, let me know.
C. The time of the capture (when the carp was safely in the net). Please include the AM or PM designations when reporting time.

I need a name of the pictured angler with his catch  for purposes of absolute clarity and fairness to all.  Please see example at the top of this thread.  Your two posts, Keith, are of two anglers, so I need to know who is who.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, Keith said:

I need a name of the pictured angler with his catch  for purposes of absolute clarity and fairness to all.  Please see example at the top of this thread.  Your two posts, Keith, are of two anglers, so I need to know who is who.  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, FJR1 said:

Kris Tait

4 hours ago, Keith said:

Keith Thompson

3 hours ago, Keith said:

Kris Tait

Keih Thompson 3:40 pm, 27 with wind chill , 14lb 7oz Common carp. Texas

9582EAAA-38BB-46AF-9178-F2876F19DEFF.jpeg

Thanks, Keith.  I appreciate the clarification!

emilio_montoya_1220am_1104.jpg
Emilio Montoya
11 lbs., 4 oz.
12:20 a.m.

So.....my first FFF fish was caught at -11F with wind chill!....it warmed to 6F with this fat/thick 13lbr! ( and a little help with 25lb propane tank hauled 1/2 mile... :)

FFF 2018 13lb 0oz.JPG

Wm. Kirk Suedmeyer

13lb 0oz

2:50pm

Kansas City

....and then this looong 12lb 6oz....6F and wind chill -12!!!, but sunny and the heater's working.......

FFF 2018 12lb 6 oz.JPGFFF 2018 12lb 6oz.JPG

Wm. Kirk Suedmeyer

12lb 6 oz

3:41pm

Kansas City

and finally!- one of my nicest carp ever!-just so pretty, dorsal fin up and well-lit pic!!!......comes in at 19lb 13oz!!!....and wow, what a fight and series of complications, but landed, then released her!!

FFF 2018 19lb 13oz.JPG

Wm. Kirk Suedmeyer

19lb 13oz

4:15pm

9 hours ago, Keith said:

Kris Tait

A new PB on January 1st? That's a really cool story! Well done!

PS. in MA, it is currently 6 degrees. Goes straight in the negative if you account for the 10/15mph wind chill. I don't think there is a lot of clear water right now! LOL

16 hours ago, Keith said:

That's crazy... an FFF PB! 

I'll be shocked if anyone in the north zone catches a fish in this weather... possibly the coldest FFF on record?

Some very impressive catches so far.  Might be few in number but good quality.

I am guessing New England guys will be shut out.  I checked a number of spots....no fishable water for me due to icing.  Even fast moving water was frozen solid from the extreme temperatures of the last week. Coldest FFF I have ever seen here in New England.

MAN! gratz to all that got out in this record bitter cold!

3 hours ago, (RI) pickerd said:

I am guessing New England guys will be shut out.  I checked a number of spots....no fishable water for me due to icing.  Even fast moving water was frozen solid from the extreme temperatures of the last week. Coldest FFF I have ever seen here in New England.

Great job by all who got out and caught! Unfortunately everything near me was also frozen up with the extreme cold spell we've had and I didn't get out, although I am planning on ice fishing for them later this week

Definitely a shut-out for me in -12° temperatures and -28° windchill.  When I did find an open spot on the DesPlaines River, it wasn't long before an iceflow had my lines moving and my leads snagging.  Needless to say, no fish for me, just a sunrise shot I posted yesterday.  Maybe next year.

Just a reminder that entries must be posted here by 11:00 a.m. EST, on Thursday, January 4, 2018 (that's noon CST, 1:00 p.m. MST, 2:00 p.m. PST).  I'll get results posted by the weekend.  Those who win cash will receive a PM, in which I will ask for your Paypal transfer information or a mailing address to which I will send a check.  Thanks! --Frank

Well done to all that braved it! We made it out for around 5 hours - but saw nothing but water birds, turtles - and joggers. Big congrats to Kris Tait, for his new PB. Finally - another thanks to Dr Rink for the fine organizing - yet again.