Carp Anglers Group Forums
SoCalCarper

ATC SCALES

I know every year we "check our scales" for calibration with a bucket at a certain weight of 1 bucket at 1 set weight. sometimes some scales are on sometimes some are off but at the end of the day they are checked to be correct. I work in the shipping department and I work around certified scales all day and i have a few at home.... never have I seen a scale be certified for accuracy at 1 set weight..... that being said can we get scales checked at a weight under 15lbs and one in the 30lb range? This is a big 6 tournament with most hoping to land fish up in size but not all will come out that way of course.  Two weights will insure the accuracy of the scales! also maybe let it be known that scales need to be zeroed with the sling before its weighed as we have had problems in the past specifically last year.

I appreciate the effort that is put to make this tourney possible but just wanted to bring this up before tournament time. 

Yeah, no doubt. Great idea! I think that would definitely make the weights more accurate. I will pass this info to Keith, and see if we can implement something. Thanks, Christian!

7 hours ago, (TX) djkleen02 said:

Yeah, no doubt. Great idea! I think that would definitely make the weights more accurate. I will pass this info to Keith, and see if we can implement something. Thanks, Christian!

appreciate the response see you soon bro 

.....and, I don't know how you'd supervise it, but a dry sling weighs less than a wet one-(water itself is 8lbs/gallon!).......so I'd recommend zeroing the weigh sling every time........

17 hours ago, MOCarper said:

.....and, I don't know how you'd supervise it, but a dry sling weighs less than a wet one-(water itself is 8lbs/gallon!).......so I'd recommend zeroing the weigh sling every time........

Each team when they weigh the other team catches, when the pegs are close enough are responsible when taking the other teams weight. It’s up to the other team to clamp down on it really which you hope everyone does. When pegs are to far a weigh Marshall weighs the fish it is also the marshalls job to make sure it’s zeroed before weighed.  

See you soon