Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

FJR1

FFF 2018 - Your Winners, Awards, and Prizes

FFF_2018_logo.thumb.jpg.7f3a13a2e4995666c80d31acdd82a363.jpg

Once the January 4 submission deadline for entries has come and gone, I will begin crunching numbers and post winners, awards, and prizes on this thread.  There will be a separate post for each award category in the order as follows:

1. The FFF 2018 First Carp Awards, Hall of Fame Awards, and Lucky 13 Awards.

2. The FFF 2018 Monster Awards.

3. The FFF 2018 Baby Awards.

4. The FFF 2018 Emperor Awards.

5. The FFF 2018 Prince Awards.

6. The FFF 2018 Scubadoc Mirror Awards.

7. The FFF 2018 Sunrise/Moonrise Awards and The Snowcarp/Sandcarp/Corncarp Awards

8.  The FFF 2018 Jerome Adventure Tale Awards.

Every and all entry photos and related information must be posted on their designated threads by 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (that’s Noon Central, 11 AM Mountain, 10 AM Pacific) on Thursday, January 4, 2018.  No exceptions!

In addition, the downloadable, frameable FFF 2018 Certificates of Excellence will be posted on each applicable thread.  You can click on the certificate for a larger version for download.

Keep in mind that cash prizes will be sent to you via Paypal.  I will send them as a gift, so you do not incur the 3% deduction fee.  If you do not have a Paypal account, I will mail you a check.  I will ask for your payment information (Paypal address or mailing address) in a PM I will send you as soon as awards are finalized.  Be watching for that.  If I do not get a payment information response from you by Noon on January 15, the cash prize will be returned to CAG coffers.  Thanks.  --Dr. Frank Rink, FFF 2018 Organizer

Click here for Detailed Rules for FFF 2018
Click here for a List of Award Categories and Prizes for FFF 2018

Click here to Post ALL Carp Entries/Captures for FFF 2018
Click here to Post Written Summaries for the FFF 2018 Jerome Moisand Adventure Tale Awards
Click here to Post Sunrise Photos and Snowcarp/Sandcarp Photos for FFF 2018

Good luck!  The Thursday, January 4, 2018 submission deadline is at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (that’s Noon Central, 11 AM Mountain, 10 AM Pacific).  I will, hopefully, post results soon after the deadline has passed.

The FFF 2018 First Carp, Hall of Fame, and Lucky 13 Awards
FFF_2018_logo.jpg

FFF 2018 was among the toughest ever, weatherwise, and the results demonstrated that.  Nearly everyone faced sub-freezing temperatures and most of us saw windchills well below 0°!  Nevertheless, we had some intrepid, hardcore anglers who refused to give in and give up.  The FFF 2018 winners are few, but their accomplishments are noteworthy.  Congratulations to all winners and participants!  As some say, success and excellence are defined by setting out to do something rather than by the outcome or final destination;  so thanks to all who made an effort to get on the bank on January 1, 2018 and to the 50 anglers who showed a commitment to CAG and FFF 2018 by signing up for the event!  Here's hoping 2019 gives us better conditions.--Frank Rink

The next several threads will be a recap of catches, stories, and photos from our FFF 2018 award winning anglers.

journey not a destination.jpg

The FFF First Carp Award, Hall of Fame Awards, and Lucky 13 Awards: First carp of 2018!  The time to be recorded is the local time at which the fish is safely in the net. The required picture of the angler holding the fish plus accompanying data (time, weight, angler’s name) must be submitted.  

The winner will receive $25 and a frameable, online certificate.  The second place winner will receive $15 and a frameable, online certificate.  The third place winner will receive $10 and a frameable, online certificate. 

Those netting a carp prior to 6:00 a.m. on January 1, 2018 will be included in the FFF 2017 Hall of Fame and will receive a certificate.

In addition to the $25, $15, and $10 prizes awarded to the registered anglers catching the first, second, and third carp of the year in North America, those with the 4th through 13th carp will also receive $10 and a related downloadable, Lucky 13 certificate.

Your award certificate can be found below.  Click on the certificate to access its full size. Feel free to save and print your certificate for your personal use, or just take a look at it and know that CAG and I appreciate your involvement in the FFF 2018 event.

Once I finalize all results, I will PM you for your Paypal address or mailing address, so I may send you your cash prizes.  Congratulations! --Frank Rink, FFF 2018 Coordinator

Here are our FFF 2018 First Carp, Hall of Fame, and Lucky 13 Award Winners

1.  Emilio Montoya - 12:20 a.m. - $25 and Hall of Fame Award Certificate

emilio_montoya_1220am_1104.jpg
fff2018_emilio_hof_1st.jpg

2.  Kirk Suedmeyer - 1:42 a.m. - $15 and Hall of Fame Award Certificate

kirk_0603_142am.jpg
fff2018kirk_hof_2nd.jpg

3.  Keith Thompson - 11:15 a.m. - $10 and Lucky 13 Award Certificate

keith_1608_1115am.jpg
fff2018_certificate_keith_13_3rd.jpg

4.  Kris Tait - 12:00 p.m. - $10 and Lucky 13 Award Certificate

kris_tait_3100_1200pm.jpg
fff2018_kris_13_4th.jpg

5.  Evan Cartabiano - 4:32 p.m. - $10 and Lucky 13 Award Certificate

evan_0810_432pm.jpg
fff2018_evan_13_5th.jpg

6.  Nicholas Anderson - 7:35 p.m. - $10 and Lucky 13 Award Certificate

nicholas_0812_735pm.jpg
fff2018_nicholas_13_6th.jpg

The FFF 2018 Monster Awards
FFF_2018_logo.jpg

The FFF Monster Award: Biggest carp caught during the FFF.  The required picture of the angler holding the fish plus accompanying data (time, weight, angler’s name) must be submitted.  Winners from each Zone (North and South) will receive $25 for first, $15 for second, $10 for third, and a downloadable, frameable certificate.

Your award certificate can be found below.  Click on the certificate to access its full size. Feel free to save and print your certificate for your personal use, or just take a look at it and know that CAG and I appreciate your involvement in the FFF 2018 event. 

Once I finalize all results, I will PM you for your Paypal address or mailing address, so I may send you your cash prizes.  Congratulations! --Frank Rink, FFF 2018 Coordinator

Here are our FFF 2018 Monster Award Winners

NORTH ZONE

1st - Emilio Montoya - 11 lbs., 4 oz. - $25 and Monster Award Certificate

Congrats to Emilio for being the only angler in the North Zone to catch a carp for FFF 2018!

fff2018_certificate_monster_emilio_north_first.jpg

SOUTH ZONE

1st - Kris Tait - 31 lbs., 0 oz. - $25 and Monster Award Certificate

Special plaudits to Kris who not only caught the big carp of the event but also caught his PB!

fff2018_certificate_monster_kris_south_first.jpg

2nd - Kirk Suedmeyer - 19 lbs., 13 oz. - $15 and Monster Award Certificate
kirk_1913_415pm.jpg
fff2018_certificate_monster_kirk_2nd_south.jpg

3rd - Keith Thompson - 16 lbs., 8 oz. - $10 and Monster Award Certificate
keith_1608_1115am.jpg
fff2018_certificate_monster_keith_3rd.jpg

The FFF 2018 Baby Awards
FFF_2018_logo.jpg

The FFF Baby Award: Smallest carp caught during the FFF.  The required picture of the angler holding the fish plus accompanying data (time, weight, angler’s name) must be submitted.  Winners from each Zone (North and South) will receive $25 for first, $15 for second, $10 for third, and a downloadable, frameable certificate.

Your award certificate can be found below.  Click on the certificate to access its full size. Feel free to save and print your certificate for your personal use, or just take a look at it and know that CAG and I appreciate your involvement in the FFF 2018 event. 

Here are our FFF 2018 Baby Award Winners

NORTH ZONE

1st - Emilio Montoya - 11 lbs., 4 oz. - $25 and Baby Award Certificate

fff2018_certificate_emilio_1st_north_baby.jpg

SOUTH ZONE

1st - Kirk Suedmeyer - 6 lbs., 3 oz. - $25 and Baby Award Certificate

kirk_0603_142am.jpg
fff2018_certificate_kirk_1st_south_baby.jpg

2nd - Evan Cartabianor - 8 lbs., 10 oz. - $15 and Baby Award Certificate

evan_0810_432pm.jpg
fff2018_certificate_evan_2nd_south_baby.jpg

3rd - Nicholas Anderson - 8 lbs., 12 oz. - $10 and Baby Award Certificate

nicholas_0812_735pm.jpg
fff2018_certificate_nicholas_3rd_south_baby.jpg

The FFF 2018 Emperor Awards
FFF_2018_logo.jpg

The FFF Emperor Award: Total weight of all carp caught by the angler. The required pictures of the angler holding every fish plus accompanying data (time, weight, angler’s name) must be submitted.  Winners from each Zone (North and South) will receive $25 for first, $15 for second, $10 for third, and a downloadable, frameable certificate.

Here are our FFF 20187 Emperor Award Winners

NORTH ZONE

1st - Emilio Montoya - 11 lbs., 4 oz. (one carp) - $25 and Emperor Award Certificate

fff2018_certificate_emperor_emilio_1st_north.jpg

SOUTH ZONE

1st - Kirk Suedmeyer - 51 lbs., 6 oz. (four carp) - $25 and Emperor Award Certificate

kirk_1206_341pm.jpg
fff2018_certificate_emperor_kirk_1st_south.jpg

2nd - Kris Tait - 31 lbs., 0 oz. (one carp) - $15 and Emperor Award Certificate

fff2018_certificate_emperor_kris_2nd_south.jpg

3rd - Keith Thompson - 30 lbs., 15 oz. (two carp) - $10 and Emperor Award Certificate

keith_1407_340pm.jpg
fff2018_certificate_emperor_keith_3rd_south.jpg

The FFF 2018 Sunrise/Moonrise Awards and "Sand Carp" Awards
FFF_2018_logo.jpg

The FFF Sunrise/Moonrise Award goes to every FFF 2018 registrant who submits a photograph of the first sunrise of the year or a shot of the night moon. The primary intention of this category is to share some fabulous January 1 photos with fellow CAG anglers.  In fact, if it’s too foggy, cloudy, snowy, or rainy, you can still take a picture at the approximate time of sunrise.  The picture may or may not include a fish, but it has to include at least some kind of evidence that the photo is fishing related (pod, rod, scale, angler, footprints, or whatever you deem fishing related). Anyone submitting a sunrise picture earns an FFF 2017 Sunrise downloadable, frameable certificate.  After all, you have to be out at sunrise with camera and carp gear for a photo (no small feat in itself). 

The FFF Snowcarp or Sandcarp Award goes to every FFF 2018 registrant who creates and submits a photograph of a carp sculpted from snow or sand or dirt or corn or whatever.  Anyone submitting a Snowcarp/Sandcarp picture of their creation earns an FFF 20187 Snowcarp/Sandcarp downloadable, frameable certificate. 

Your award certificate can be found below.  Click on the certificate to access its full size. Feel free to save and print your certificate for your personal use, or just take a look at it and know that CAG and I appreciate your involvement in the FFF 2018 event.  Congratulations! --Frank Rink, FFF 2018 Coordinator

Here are our FFF 2018 Sunrise/Moonrose Awards and "Sand Carp" Awards

Kirk Suedmeyer
sunrise_kirk.jpg
fff2018_certificate_kirk_sun_sunrise_sand.jpg

sandcarp_kirk.jpg
fff2018_certificate_kirk_sand_sunrise_sand.jpg

Evan Cartabiano
moonrise_evan.jpg
fff2018_certificate_evan_moon_sunrise_sand.jpg

Frank Rink
sunrise_frank.jpg
fff2018_certificate_frank_sunrise_sand.jpg

The FFF 2018 Jerome Adventure Tale Awards
FFF_2018_logo.jpg

The FFF 2018 Jerome Adventure Tale Award. Many of you have submitted interesting FFF summaries with accompanying photos in the past.  In honor of Jerome Moisand's quick wit, photography skills, way with words, and dedication to CAG and FFF, we are, again, including a prize category for the best written summaries with photographs of your 2018 FFF adventure. Those will be judged by a panel consisting of Jerome Moisand and myself. The winner will receive $25 and a downloadable, frameable certificate. The second place winner will receive $15 and a downloadable, frameable certificate. The third place winner will receive $10 and a downloadable, frameable certificate.

This was a tough one.  All three stories are worthy of first place.  It probably came down to the hardship/preparation experienced/put forth by each writer.  So, there are three cash winners at 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, but all of your stories were outstanding.  Thanks for writing them. --Frank

Here are our FFF 2018 "Jerome Adventure Tale" Awards

1st - Kirk Suedmeyer
kirk_1300_250pm.jpg
fff2018_certificate_kirk_1st_tale.jpg
Click here to read Kirk's story!

2nd - Evan Cartabiano
evan_0810_432pm.jpg
fff2018_certificate_evan_2nd_tale.jpg
Click here to read Evan's story!

3rd - Nicholas Anderson
nicholas_tale_jpg.jpg
fff2018_certificate_3rd_nicholas_tale.jpg
Click here to read Nicholas' story!

Huge congrats to all the winners...well deserved.

And, Frank, thanks so much for all your organization and hard work on this event.  A superb job once again.

Edited by (RI) pickerd
spelling

You know its a cool event when you read this and smile!...grats on all who attempted this....and thanks for sharing.....

heres to more fun CAGing adventures for 2018!!!!

Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all the participants, Emilio, Evan, Nicholas, Keith and Kris, fellow CAG members and officers who have graciously given their advice, suggestions and support for this first full year of carping!!., and to my family, whose support allows me to pursue the greatest sport fish in the world!!!! :D....Without the organizational efforts and tenacity of Frank Rink in particular, this wouldn't have been such a memorable event!!- thanks again all!!!.........On to the next humbling event- ATC 2018!!!!.........  

IMG_6150.JPG

Great stuff! Congratulations to the hearty participants.

Nice job Frank!