Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
Cannonball

Contact with a FFing carper

I just made contact with a fellow who fly fishes for carp here in Tennessee.  We are planning on getting together this year to put some gold in the net by using the skinny stick.  Stand by for photos and all the details!

12 hours ago, Cannonball said:

I just made contact with a fellow who fly fishes for carp here in Tennessee.  We are planning on getting together this year to put some gold in the net by using the skinny stick.  Stand by for photos and all the details!

I was carping at Lake Lanier several years ago when I met a fly-fishing guide and his client who were chasing carp in some of the coves near the spot I was fishing.  During our conversation, he mentioned that he sometimes competes in fly-fishing carp tournaments on several rivers in TN.  Maybe your contact is involved with that same group of anglers.

I did an survey a while back and about 12% of fly anglers chase "golden bones" and its growing....considering how wide spread carp are vs trout its no surprise

Looking to catch some carp on the skinny stick this year.  Our local lakes and rivers have mud and silt bottoms.  Others have sand and gravel bottoms.  I'll be checking a fly shop in Knoxville plus my friend about where to go.  Plus, I would love to have SWMBO hook up with a carp.  I have an experienced 5 wt. and 7 wt. rods that would be ideal.  I'm anticipating tying some flies while the weather is lousy round here- 14 degrees this morning.  Next Wednesday is a high of 62- go figure.