Carp Anglers Group Forums

Although fairly irrelevant  I ended up joining CAG, had to make a new profile.

Question though is it possible to donate some stuff to this event? Won't be anything major mind you but it always more fun with more free stuff involved!

8 hours ago, Dylan B said:

Although fairly irrelevant  I ended up joining CAG, had to make a new profile.

Question though is it possible to donate some stuff to this event? Won't be anything major mind you but it always more fun with more free stuff involved!

You sure can donate some stuff anything is appreciated. And thank you Dylan :yourock:

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, Mike D said:

add me to the reserve list thanks :party0012icon:

Mike is now on the reserve list, thank you!

OK, up to 24 Anglers will be able to fish this event. At peg draw the number of no-show anglers that are on the main list will be taken from the lowest numbered anglers from the reserve list

and added to the main list. All remaining anglers left on the reserve list will have peg draw for pegs 17-24 (shallower water and no shade trees). If that doesn't make any sense please ask questions.                -----Larry

To all newbies to the Lincoln Park lagoon, don't be discouraged by the 2 recent bodies found in the lagoon. It is a very safe area.

And to the people dumping bodies in the Lagoon. The Lagoon if only 4 ft deep so find elsewhere to dump them.:titanic:

In honor of Larry's fine organization of this outstanding event, I am donating a rarely used 13' Fox carp rod (with cloth sleeve) to the angler who catches the most carp at the 6th Annual Five Bridges Carp Fishing Tournament.  Best of luck! --Frank

Blacksheep, I was scanning this thread out of curiosity.  I complement you in the willingness to loan gear to a new carper.  Last year was a great example of the CAG members to help the newbies.  Lots of nets there so that is no problem.  Good luck and I wish I lived closer!

Not to try and compete with FJR1 or anything. However I will be adding a $75 gift card to Big Carp Tackle. I would like this to be mini raffle for all who has 0 catches. In the case that everyone catches it will be added to to the smallest fish category. If there is one. 

Let me know if this ok by you Blacksheep!

3 hours ago, Dylan B said:

Not to try and compete with FJR1 or anything. However I will be adding a $75 gift card to Big Carp Tackle. I would like this to be mini raffle for all who has 0 catches. In the case that everyone catches it will be added to to the smallest fish category. If there is one. 

It's never a competition, Dylan, when participants enhance the total prize package!  Thanks, so much, for your generosity. :yourock:  --Frank

13 hours ago, FJR1 said:

In honor of Larry's fine organization of this outstanding event, I am donating a rarely used 13' Fox carp rod (with cloth sleeve) to the angler who catches the most carp at the 6th Annual Five Bridges Carp Fishing Tournament.  Best of luck! --Frank

Thanks again Frank, you always come through with something.

11 hours ago, (TN) Cannonball said:

Blacksheep, I was scanning this thread out of curiosity.  I complement you in the willingness to loan gear to a new carper.  Last year was a great example of the CAG members to help the newbies.  Lots of nets there so that is no problem.  Good luck and I wish I lived closer!

Always trying to help, but I had to last year. The winner was my STEP son-in-law, lol

4 hours ago, Dylan B said:

That's great!!! But everyone is going to catch. Thanks so much Dylan 

11 hours ago, (TN) Cannonball said:

I could always pick you up at the airport the morning of the event, I will be driving right past it.

Is this venue in the Lincoln Park Zoo?  If so, I was there about 38 years ago.  My parents lived in Villa Park.  Just think of all the carp I could have caught!  Would the dumping of the two bodies be considered prebaiting?

26 minutes ago, (TN) Cannonball said:

Is this venue in the Lincoln Park Zoo?  If so, I was there about 38 years ago.  My parents lived in Villa Park.  Just think of all the carp I could have caught!  Would the dumping of the two bodies be considered prebaiting?

Crap load of carp during spawn. And for pre baiting, we have several floaters (bodies)  per year here in Joliet and doesn't seem to help much if any.

After walking off pegs this last weekend at the lagoon I have decided to close the entry for this event. We have 16 on the list and 3 on the reserve. All will be able to fish.

If your not familiar with the Lagoon, the further south you go the shallower it gets. That's why I decided to cap entry list at 19 anglers.

The 3 anglers are still on the reserve list, but will be able to fish no matter what, Josef, Mike D, and Ali are on the entry list. If for some reason I missed someone let me know asap.

As we learned last year, you must have a Illinois fishing license, Illinois DNR will be there.

Also got word of a few more good prizes for the 19TH.

Jaffar, I will decide this week on two or three rods. I'm trying to give everyone the most bank space as possible with keeping all of us farthest to the north end of the lagoon (where I think most of the fish will be).

Final rules will be posted Monday (nothing out of the ordinary).

And again, If you changed your mind about this event please let me know so I can figure the spacing for pegs,  and the amount of food I should bring for our lunch.

Tournament only a few weeks away, psyched to hit the Lagoon! I saw you were posting the rules, possibly Monday? Are they being posted today?