Carp Anglers Group Forums

Connecticut announces Trophy Carp Waters!

Savayman

As President of the Carp Anglers Group of North America I'm immensely proud of this achievement. Common carp are often considered a 'trash' fish here in North America and most states offer no protection for carp (of any size), nor limits on the number of carp that can be killed or taken and in some cases actively promote their destruction.

So I'm delighted that my home state of Connecticut has just announced the following new regulations for the creation of trophy carp waters and limits on the taking of carp from all other state waters.

COMMON CARP
There is now a creel limit of 5 common carp per day, with no more than 1 fish greater than 30 inches in length, except in Trophy Carp Waters.

TROPHY CARP WATERS
Batterson Park Pond, Connecticut River (including the portions of tributaries open year-round), Squantz Pond and West Thompson Reservoir are designated as Trophy Carp Waters with a one carp per day creel limit and a 26 inch maximum length for Common Carp.

This is a true milestone & recognition for the work that we've been doing behind the scenes over many years. I'll be making another post later to thank those who helped make this possible!

#trophycarpwaters #carpanglersgroup #joincag

CT DEEP logo.jpg

A huge CONGRATS on this stunning achievement. It will be a model for other states to pursue!